Author Topic: DSSA ACTION ALERT  (Read 24595 times)

anjdrifter

Re: DSSA ACTION ALERT
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2013, 07:56:24 PM »
I suggest supporting the NRA and other local groups instead. As OGG has mentioned before, we mainly fly under the radar, and don't need the additional attention. And to Anjdrifter I say, it SHOULD be hard to find the names of all the permit holders in DE. Maybe that was your point.

yup it was the point. . It should  separate from this forum.  I have supported the NRA and other groups including the reb. party but that hasn't really been all that fruitful. I don't know if this type of thing would fly but sure is worth discussing.
Sussex county, NRA certified instructor -pistol-rifle- shotgun ,doj approved instructor

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2013, 09:07:05 PM »
I vote for a new thread focusing on a group but the name should not specifically mention concealed carry. We need the support of open carry people, and it should be 2nd amendment focused and not directly focused on CCDW and many have mentioned, it is best that we stay under the radar.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2013, 09:18:29 PM »
I know first state firearms freedom association was supposed to do that, but never seemed to get off the ground.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

anjdrifter

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2013, 10:16:46 PM »
I vote for a new thread focusing on a group but the name should not specifically mention concealed carry. We need the support of open carry people, and it should be 2nd amendment focused and not directly focused on CCDW and many have mentioned, it is best that we stay under the radar.
I was going to ask about the open carry and don't forget the retired leo s there are a lot more of them, a lot more then you think ,from this state and the tri state area .also agree about the concealed part... name doesn't matter the cause does .
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:18:36 PM by anjdrifter »
Sussex county, NRA certified instructor -pistol-rifle- shotgun ,doj approved instructor

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2013, 10:45:33 PM »
Ill agree about open carry being involved as well. The reality is gun people have too many enemies to fight amongst ourselves.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Tandem

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2013, 01:17:44 AM »
  I'm in, too.  The focus is coordinating committed 2nd Amendment advocates.  Dues and contributions to pol's are secondary to communication.
NRA Life Member
DE/PA CCDW Permit Holder

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2013, 02:47:58 AM »
New thread has been started with an outline of what I have in mind.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2013, 10:53:57 PM »
I just got a new DSSA ACTION ALERT today, warning that some dealers are charging more than the maximun fee of $30.00 to do a FFL background check and transfer of guns. The DSSA wants to know about ANYONE that is over chaging for this. The maximum of $30.00 is set by Markell's HB35.
I'm thinking PROSECUTION of the guilty.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2013, 12:20:38 AM »
I just got a new DSSA ACTION ALERT today, warning that some dealers are charging more than the maximun fee of $30.00 to do a FFL background check and transfer of guns. The DSSA wants to know about ANYONE that is over chaging for this. The maximum of $30.00 is set by Markell's HB35.

I would say get the word out to let people know so they wont go to the shop, but after what miller's pulled his shop still seems busy everytime we go by it.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2013, 03:08:34 AM »

Is the $30 fee for the background check, the transfer or both?
My thought is since ATF Form 4473 allows up to 5 firearms to be listed for the 1 background check the transfer should only be $30.00 for up to 5 firearms.

The reason I ask is before the new law some FFLs would charge by the background check allowing up to 5 firearms while others charged per firearm. I haven't purchased much this year however I've been known to order more then one firearm at a time online. I got hit with a 125.00 fee last year from a new FFL I decided to use as they charged me $25.00 per firearm. Needless to say they didn't see any of my business again involving more then 1 firearm. There are at least 2 home based FFLs and 1 LGS in my area who charged only for the background check, not per firearm.

So another question.. does the current new law have any type of loop hole allowing the dealer/FFL to charge 30.00 for each firearm even though its still only 1 background check?

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2013, 02:51:13 PM »
Dovers Shooter Choice's home page list the FFL Transferfee as $35.00 for members and $50.00 for non-members, plus $10.00 for each extra gun check.

According to what I've read, this is against the law, per HB 35. Membership in a shooting range has nothing to do with it.

What say you?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2013, 03:10:30 PM »
Would have been legal prior to HB35

Now isn't. Can't see how they could possibly interpret the law otherwise.

Other question is, are they obligated to do it?
If an FFL decides that it's not worth the trouble can they refuse to do a transfer?

Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2013, 03:44:34 PM »
Read this: http://delcode.delaware.gov/title24/c009/index.shtml

§ 904A. Criminal history checks for sales between unlicensed persons.

(5) Any dealer who is asked to facilitate the transfer of a firearm pursuant to the terms of this section, may charge a reasonable fee for said service, said fee not to exceed $30 per criminal history check performed pursuant to this procedure. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no fee may be charged for the return of a firearm to its owner in the event that the proposed transaction may not be immediately and legally completed as the result, or lack thereof, of a criminal history background check hereunder.

(6) Failure or refusal on the part of the dealer to facilitate the transfer of a firearm pursuant to the procedures set forth herein shall be adequate cause to suspend the license of said dealer for a period not to exceed 30 days per occurrence.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2013, 04:09:33 PM »
"not to exceed $30 per criminal history check performed"

To me this means that multiple guns on one background check would only be $30.00.

My FFL has always charged per gun, guess he can't do that anymore.

If we are required to abide by the law, so should everyone involved.

Every law ever written is subject to the Law of Unintended Consequences.
Wonder what else is going to come up with HB35

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2013, 04:26:59 PM »
Dont want to split hairs but...  The section I quoted (and you are reading from) is 904A
transfers between UNLICENSED PERSONS.

Find in the Delaware law where it sets the fees a FFL may charge for a transfer
(from his/her inventory to the purchaser).
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.