Author Topic: DSSA ACTION ALERT  (Read 24478 times)

groundgrid

• Life Member
Re: DSSA ACTION ALERT
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 04:26:06 PM »
Doing so would cost the state money. Passing laws that only inconvenience  law abiding citizens does not produce a tax burden while still enabling the politicians to say that they did something to help reduce crime.

Headline come the next election: "Biden strengthens sate gun laws, makes streets safer"
Should read: Crime rises steadily under Biden's leadership, consistently fails to convict violent and repeat offenders.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 06:27:45 PM »
MAKE SURE YOU NOTIFY YOUR STATE SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES.

This is the bottom line folks.  This forum has a good listing of contacts.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2013, 02:37:06 AM »
I've heard back from my Senator and Representative.  Both are good 2nd Amendment Republicans.

Senator Lopez said @ 9:05 PM today:

"Thanks, Mark!   We are aware and the AG knows it!"

Representative Smyk said @ 7:13 AM today:

"Thanks Mark!
This administration just won't stop.
Thanks for this tip."

That's two fighting for us!
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

ESPMan

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 04:56:15 PM »
For groundgrid: Does anyone know how many (few) arrests have been made in Wilmington for
illegal gun possession?

According to state statistical analysis director in 2011 there were 1199 arrests made for possession of a firearm by a person prohibited.  Of those arrests only 204 convictions occurred and 8 more convictions as an included lesser offense.

When nearly 1000 people in one year arrested for possession of a firearm by a person prohibited throughout the state walk free on that charge the AG's office should look to address problems in its own back yard before they seek to fix a problem that does not exist.  I have failed to find the common sense in passing new laws to keep firearms out of peoples hands who are not permitted to own firearms but when authorities make an arrest on that very charge the state fails to convict them. 

Thats about 1 out of every 5 cases walks. What are they hoping to accomplish? Marshal Law? If anything, these people need to be locked up. It looks a lot to me like they are letting these people walk to "show how easily they can get a gun." Fix your own house first indeed.
The greatest threat to any society is its ignorance and inaction towards the evil that dwells within it.

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 05:38:21 PM »
I'd like to believe it's not true...
but, as I said to David Keene, "I'm the id10t who's been telling people 'Relax: Obama's not coming after our guns.'"

Better to learn later than never man.

I had been saying it from day one.

The main thing is that we all know this now. I don't think guns should be a political issue. We have stuff like tax rates to fight about
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »
  IF this is true,  then what happens when your gun needs repair?  "are you serious?".   no gun for weeks, because you can change up?

Really.   

Not just that, but there are those of us who carry different guns depending on what we are wearing. Also I am fine with an 8 round 1911 typically, but I go into many areas of Killmington I have a 17 round Glock with me.

Also if you have a self defense shoot the first thing they do is take your gun, even if its 100% justified. What are you supposed to carry then.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2013, 05:43:06 PM »
For groundgrid: Does anyone know how many (few) arrests have been made in Wilmington for
illegal gun possession?

According to state statistical analysis director in 2011 there were 1199 arrests made for possession of a firearm by a person prohibited.  Of those arrests only 204 convictions occurred and 8 more convictions as an included lesser offense.

When nearly 1000 people in one year arrested for possession of a firearm by a person prohibited throughout the state walk free on that charge the AG's office should look to address problems in its own back yard before they seek to fix a problem that does not exist.  I have failed to find the common sense in passing new laws to keep firearms out of peoples hands who are not permitted to own firearms but when authorities make an arrest on that very charge the state fails to convict them. 

I think info that would help our cause much more is if there is a way to find out about any problems with guns like murders and so forth that were commited by legal permit holders and so forth. I doubt its many. The argument is then made that they are focusing on the wrong people.

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 05:47:48 PM »
Doing so would cost the state money. Passing laws that only inconvenience  law abiding citizens does not produce a tax burden while still enabling the politicians to say that they did something to help reduce crime.

Headline come the next election: "Biden strengthens sate gun laws, makes streets safer"
Should read: Crime rises steadily under Biden's leadership, consistently fails to convict violent and repeat offenders.

Maybe biden is just trying to make more victims for the thugs in killmington. I am sure more gun people dont vote for biden and his kind while they bus them from killington to vote. They really need to look at who is committing the crimes and focus on them and leave us alone.

I am so sick if this pandering

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 07:30:17 PM »
I notice he floated this turd out there through an underling, according to the News-Journal. Either he is testing the waters, or he doesn't want his name taped to another legislative failure.
So, as the token libtard on this site, I wrote him as one liberal to another:

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 5:28 PM
To: 'Attorney.General@state.de.us'
Subject: RE: Attorney General Messing with CCDW permits!!!

Dear Attorney General Biden,
When I read the Email from the DSSA (header below), I thought it had to be right-wing hooey.

After all, I reasoned, you’re an intelligent, effective public servant, focused on protecting Delawareans and taking effective action to prosecute & prevent crime.
Surely, your office would not waste time trying to pass restrictions on concealed carry… needless regulations that would not prevent a single crime.

Then, I saw the News Journal article, and I see I might be wrong.

I ask you: Other than to damage Democratic prospects in the upcoming elections (which I realize is not a consideration for you), what possible benefit could Delaware realize from such regulations?
Heck, you’ve already checked permit holders’ backgrounds (including mine and my wife’s) sixteen ways from Sunday, at initial issuance and renewal of our carry permits.
Between the two of us, we’ve been carrying for twelve years. Nobody has been placed at risk, not even you when we met at the Acme in Bear.
Other than to make it much more expensive and difficult to exercise the “Right to Keep and Bear Arms,” there is no sensible motivation for the rules proposed… surely that can’t be the motivation!

So, I urge you to forget about this idea. There is nothing to gain – no crimes to prevent, not even the slightest increase in public safety – by further restricting concealed carry in Delaware.

Please, hang it up. As a dedicated liberal and a reliable Democratic voter for over three decades, I urge you not to prove the right wing to be right about this.

Thank you,
[oldgraygeek's real name, address & phone]

From: Delaware State Sportsmen's Association [mailto:info@delsports.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:00 PM
To: [oldgraygeek's real Email]
Subject: Attorney General Messing with CCDW permits!!!

"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 07:44:38 PM »
OGG...I have to commend you for your very well written and to the point letter to the AG..their only agenda is to disarm the public. I can not wait for you to post his response....way to go....thumbs up for you!!!!
New Castle County

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 09:18:12 PM »
OGG...I have to commend you for your very well written and to the point letter to the AG..their only agenda is to disarm the public. I can not wait for you to post his response....way to go....thumbs up for you!!!!

Great letter

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 11:51:53 PM »

Great letter

As usual.  Well done.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2013, 11:46:27 AM »

I agree, well said. I only hope he gives you the respect of a personal reply.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2013, 12:14:12 PM »
Personal reply???  I can't even get a boiler plate, canned reply from politicians any more.  The only reply I have had in recent years was from Debbie Hudson, who seemed symathetic to our cause.  But I still write often!!!  They seem to give a lot to write about.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Siludni

• Old-school citizen, Navy Vet, NRA Life, DSSA
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2013, 07:22:34 PM »
Another unfortunate side effect, were this proposal to be implemented, is that the number of states with which we enjoy reciprocity would
likely decrease, since we would no longer have "similar training requirements".  We are to lose Virginia reciprocity at year's end because they
simplified their process to include an online test(?).
     Regards!
"How strange is youth! You are not ashamed to be a fool, but are ashamed to admit having been one, when admitting it will make you a wise man again!"
                                                                                        Daniel Defoe