Author Topic: Anyone shoot IDPA or USPSA?  (Read 6761 times)

Thlax

Anyone shoot IDPA or USPSA?
« on: April 05, 2011, 12:18:33 AM »
I apologize if this is in the wrong section but didn't know where it would fit.

I was wondering if anyone here shoots in IDPA matches and what their experiences are. I'm looking to get into it but am unsure of where to start.

Thanks all-

D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:43:14 AM by Thlax »

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Anyone shoot IDPA?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 01:36:39 PM »
The first place to start is looking at their website and reading the rulebook. Then look under Club Info and find a club next to you. Their matches are usually once a month, but you can go to different clubs and participate on more events.

You can get info and the IDPA rulebook from their website: http://www.idpa.com/

I am starting this month USPSA and IDPA as well, really exciting!

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 10:42:54 PM »
Ive always been interested in idpa also. Any idea when bridgeville does it and do you have to be a member of the club or of idpa?
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 01:37:54 PM »
I am not sure about Bridgeville, I did try to talk to the contact person on their website but lady who answered the phone said he is not participating anymore and his name shouldn't be on the website anymore  ???

The one I am planning on going is about 45 minutes away in Gap, PA - http://www.nhrpc.org/
Next event will be May 1st.

There is also a club near by with USPSA events, one coming up in two weeks or so.

As far as I know you don't need to be member of any club to participate on the matches - IDPA or USPSA. You would probably need to be a member if they hold practices - drills...

If you are interested we can PM each other and maybe meet over there, it will also be my first time.

tz9x21

Re: Anyone shoot IDPA or USPSA?
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 09:03:37 PM »
I am the match director for USPSA matches in Sudlersville MD. We're about 20 minutes from Middletown down Rte. 301. For any folks interested, I'm includiing a link to our club's website.

http://www.dsarange.com/

Click on the link for USPSA and you'll find the info you need.

Our match for this saturday is cancelled due to the forecast for thunderstorms. If you check out some of the photos on the website, you'll notice the high voltage power lines on the big metal towers that go right over the range. So when the weather foks say, "thunderstorms", we don't shoot.

Hope to see some of you folks there sometime.
"... so my wife says, don't you have enough guns?" to which I reply, "My dear, there is no such thing as enough guns."

Aries

• DSF Training
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 01:14:21 AM »
I am not sure about Bridgeville,
We shoot the IDPA at BRPC on Wednesday's and Saturday's. I try to make at lease one day a week depending on my schedule . Wednesday is pistol only and now that the weather is warmer they shoot 3 gun (pistol, shotgun rifle)on Saturday's. 9:00 am until about 12:00. I try to get there about 8/8:30 to help set up and stay late to help brake things down.

As far as I know you don't need to be member of any club to participate on the matches
Correct, The gate is usually left open or someone may be there to let you in. If you would like to shoot drop me an email and I'll let you know what my schedules like and I maybe able to meet you there.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 03:47:44 PM »
Shot my first USPSA this weekend - Single Stack, Major. There were a total of 7 stages, 150 total rounds. I am sooooo slow compared to those guys. I also did miss a a couple of targets and failed to engage one target, but nonetheless it was an awesome experience - moving and shooting, engaging multiple targets, reloading...

I shot a government size 1911, many shot Glocks, and a couple of guys I saw shooting XDs.
There were 61 shooters, matches went from 11am to 3:30pm
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 04:46:05 PM by Condition 1 »

Trunkmnky

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 10:52:03 PM »
I shoot IDPA - I also shoot in Bridgeville. The club shoots are every Wednesday and start at 9am ( That means shooting ) most get there between 8 - 8:30. We also have shoots the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month again shooting starts at 9am. ( Yes. Winter included. If you are interested Please let me know as I am interested in possibly shooting a USPSA match. )

The shooting cost is minimal. Round count average 100 - 150. We normally shoot 5 stages lasts to about noon with clean up.

Scoring is a little different the USPSA. Theyhave 5 classes. SSP ( Stock Service Pistol - glocks or Double action autos ) ESP - Enhanced Service Pistols - ( 1911 9mm or XDM's ) CDP ( Custom Defense Pistol - 1911 single stacks  45 cal or above ) SSR - Stock Service Revolver and ESR - Enhanced Service reolver.

Thing you will need is

Firearm, Holster , mag carrier and normally at least 3 magazines )

For more info on IDPA - Rules/What you will need Please visit IDPA.com

Also, If you are interested in attending a shoot all are welcome the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month. Hope to see you there.
NRA - RO/Certified Pistol Instructor
IDPA - SO