Author Topic: Lancaster runs a tight ship  (Read 3704 times)

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Lancaster runs a tight ship
« on: April 29, 2016, 05:18:52 PM »
It took longer to park than to get my out of state Pa. license. 20 bucks and friendly folks working there. Makes me want to move there. Glad that office is still issuing licenses.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: Lancaster runs a tight ship
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 05:36:15 PM »
Lancaster is pretty awesome they are always friendly.  The wife and I make day trips to lancaster all the time just for the food and shopping there are a lot of nice little markets along side the roads if you know what to look for.  I have a friend that is from there and knows where all the shops are. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 06:15:09 PM »
Loved the ride and the animals spotted on the way. I was going to stop and eat where the buses go but I really wanted one beer so I came straight home. I don't really drink but this is special. Just a nice ride on 896 in the rain. Look out for the police radar past route 10. Being a CCDW holder I obey the law more than ever so no problem. Lancaster is awesome 29th. Next time I'll take my wife and do some shopping and eating. Maybe a meatloaf sandwich, pick up a couple dozen brown eggs and fruit pie's. Watched an Amish boy work a team of horses plowing a field. I wonder if he knows how good he has it. Uncomplicated life, God bless him.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 06:22:47 PM »
Loved the ride and the animals spotted on the way. I was going to stop and eat where the buses go but I really wanted one beer so I came straight home. I don't really drink but this is special. Just a nice ride on 896 in the rain. Look out for the police radar past route 10. Being a CCDW holder I obey the law more than ever so no problem. Lancaster is awesome 29th. Next time I'll take my wife and do some shopping and eating. Maybe a meatloaf sandwich, pick up a couple dozen brown eggs and fruit pie's. Watched an Amish boy work a team of horses plowing a field. I wonder if he knows how good he has it. Uncomplicated life, God bless him.

Make sure you hit Millers while you are up there that is our favorite spot.  It can be a little busy on the weekends now that the weather is warming up but well worth the wait. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 06:32:47 PM »

Make sure you hit Millers while you are up there that is our favorite spot.  It can be a little busy on the weekends now that the weather is warming up but well worth the wait. 

I could never get my monies worth at places like Miller's. One plate of food and I'm full.  :)

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 12:40:38 AM »
I'm a fat boy but your right. Something filling about that place.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

8thFA

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 12:54:02 AM »

We hit Millers after I got my permit back in February, my kids thought they died and went to heaven.  :)  The Lancaster Sheriff's office was a real pleasure, great folks and in and out.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC