Author Topic: How long does it take?  (Read 4754 times)

cherokee kid

How long does it take?
« on: March 02, 2011, 11:42:44 PM »
I turned in all the paperwork yesterday, I long will I have to wait until I'm contacted by the Att. General's office?
Thanks

g23

Re: How long does it take?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 12:31:36 AM »
not sure what the wait time is now... it seems like its been anywhere from 3 to 6 months. Hopefully they are getting caught up and it will be closer to the three for you.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 01:18:08 AM »
If you're in New Castle County, expect a 6 month wait.  They're processing renewals right now which take precedence over initial applications. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

g23

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 01:23:47 AM »
 its seems as if they are always processing renewals... when is this state going to step up and hire more help or refine the process somehow to make it faster..

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 03:45:44 PM »
just as soon as they replace all the crooks in office LOL

Renewals are typically processed through late May.  For some reason, they send them ALL to New Castle County once you send them to the prothonotary in your county (instead of just sending them all to the same place to begin with) and then the drones in the AG's office do their thing, etc.  It's a time consuming process that ONE person works on.  Yes, ONE lady processes them all in the P's office. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

mrjam2jab

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 04:42:33 PM »
its seems as if they are always processing renewals... when is this state going to step up and hire more help or refine the process somehow to make it faster..

Like staggering expiration dates so that they don't ALL come in at the same time?   :P
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

menacek04

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 07:04:36 PM »
******************************************************************************************************
New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County  New Castle County******************************************************************************************************

I turned in my paperwork Monday the 7th.  When I asked about how long it would take, the girl at the courthouse said that it is taking about 4-6 months and that I would be notified of the progress half way through.

So I am looking at like June for notice from the AG's office, and September as a tentative return date.

I know that last year they were running well over six months because my buddy went through the process and it took 8 months total turnaround.

I am curious if anyone else has gone through this recently and has an idea of actual turnaround time on these?

*         Update           *

As of today, July 27, 2011 I have not received any notification of progress from the AG's office.  (This is almost the 5 month mark)

I talked to the Prothonotary on Monday just to make sure that my application had not been misplaced as I have buddy who's application was misplaced.  She said that they are just completing the renewals now, and should be making headway on the NEW applications shortly.

I am hoping that this is not the "Half way mark" as that would mean that they are looking at 10 month turnaround on these at the moment which would put me at January 2012.

I will update again once I have heard any further word.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:35:37 PM by menacek04 »

Animal66

• NRA Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »
I turned my paperwork in January 25th, so i have abut 6 weeks down so far.
They told me 4 to 6 months as well. I'm hoping i hear something soon!

John

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 12:05:14 PM »
I turned my application in on December 28th and haven't heard a thing... :-\

chrisindover

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 02:36:03 PM »
 A friend of mine submitted his app in Kent Co. in the last week in December and just received his approval in the mail yesterday.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 03:17:24 PM »
When I submitted my renewal in January, the woman in the Prothonotary office said they were looking at staggering expiration dates. Maybe it's time to write our Senators....
Lumspond
New Castle County

colt0208

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 01:42:43 PM »
I turned mine in at the middle of Jan. Called on Friday, she said I should have my permit this week. She had just sent it up to the judge to be signed....... not a bad wait at all. I am in Kent Co. Good luck...