Author Topic: Tried to file today  (Read 5841 times)

Bulldog021

Tried to file today
« on: April 29, 2013, 02:16:22 PM »
So yet another series of hurtles attempted to file application today and Kent County was told now have to wait to 10 business days from date of newspaper ad
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Tried to file today
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 02:28:25 PM »
Yes.  Your ad must run for 10 days.  You must also have the affidavit from the newspaper when you submit your paperwork. 

Details of what you need as well as a timeline is detailed in our Delaware Concealed Carry Process section of the site.

http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=7.0

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Bulldog021

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 02:38:14 PM »
I had planned on 419 today would be the 10th day however now they are saying it must be business days
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 02:41:41 PM »
Yes, in most if not all cases, they won't issue the affidavit until your ad has run the specific number of days.  Do you already have it in hand? 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Bulldog021

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 02:51:42 PM »
Yes the law as I read it requires the ad to be run no fewer than 10 days prior to filing no mention of business days or that the ad must "run" for 10 days
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »
Ten business days is a new wrinkle, when I turned mine in, ten days was okay.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 11:10:25 PM »
The law states the ad must appear 10 days prior to filing the application, not business days. Whoever told you that was mistaken. The law remains the same as it has.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 11:12:44 PM »
Hmmm.  Bulldog, I became curious what the specific language says on the paperwork, so I went and looked it up - not just relying on the blurb that Sig put up here on our forum.

On the application form that is published on the state site..http://courts.delaware.gov/forms/download.aspx?ID=33278  
it says the following:  

1. Arrange with a newspaper of general circulation in your County to have your application
published once, at least (10) days before the filing of your application with the Court.
Obtain an affidavit from the newspaper company stating that this requirement has been
met, and attach it to your application. PLEASE NOTE: Newspaper selection must have a
circulation of at least 35% of the population in your zip code. Be sure to use your whole
name - no initials - and your home address.

I don't see where it says that the ad must run for 10 days, but that it must run at least 10 days before filing your application.  Can you tell us if you have the affidavit in hand?  I'd like to make sure that things are cleared up both with the state or those on our board that might run into this issue if things are changing or the interpretation is different now when filing.  

Moosie

Bulldog021

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 10:41:15 AM »
Yes I received the affidavit the day after the ad ran. I believe she was mistaken however I felt it better not to argue with her since all it takes is a little check mark or a unhappy face to kill the app. I know that is out there a bit but why take chances. The problem is you really can't win with these folks since they can deny you for any reason real or imagined
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

Bulldog021

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 09:32:10 PM »
Went back to kent prothonotary today and I actually was able to submit my application. This is after a through screening, double checking the 10 business day rule, looking me up and down and finally paying my $65 dollars. I just smiled and waited and then asked the magical question how long? The answer was 8 weeks so let the countdown begin.
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

Fieldman

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 12:41:19 AM »
I called before I went to file my paperwork and was told the 10 business day rule by the Kent Co Prothonotary.  Saved me the drive.  So my wait after the ad run was 14days.  Submitted 3/15.