Author Topic: Time to renew PA  (Read 3056 times)

Just Bill

• Life Member
Time to renew PA
« on: September 26, 2015, 01:53:04 PM »
Time to renew PA which was originally from Del Co.  I have been following the saga of PA sheriff's on the other posts, but that one is getting long.  Do I have to renew at same county??  Media is a lot closer than Lancaster, and I don't mind 2 trips.  But wife would not be opposed to shopping trip to Lancaster outlets.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Time to renew PA
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 02:16:06 PM »
If you live north of Wilmington Media would be closer.  From Pike Creek, Lancaster is about an hour.  In and out in 15 minutes.

Actually a renewal is handled just like a new application in Pa. You can go to any sheriff office that accepts applications from non residents.  Chester county does not.  ( West Chester) but Lancaster is same day. 

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:18:58 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 11:53:17 AM »
If you dont mind 2 trips, it's up to you.  If you renew in a different county, dont have to wait for the expiration date of the old one.  It's considered a new permit.

My original was from Centre Co. Went to Berks Co. for the new one.  In & out in 20 minutes, one trip.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 11:57:48 AM »
From what I've heard & read, Lancaster is the only county that does it in one visit. I had the same experience: very polite & helpful folks there, in & out in about 20 minutes.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 12:07:51 PM »
From what I've heard & read, Lancaster is the only county that does it in one visit. I had the same experience: very polite & helpful folks there, in & out in about 20 minutes.
Many if not most counties in PA are same day but these are mostly rural central and western counties. The only other county close by Delaware besides Lancaster that is same day is Berks which is where Reading is.  I have heard they are very friendly too and even have satellite offices and evening hours for processing LTCFs.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 12:53:09 PM »
20 minute, 1 trip....  Berks, Bucks, and Lancaster (that I know of).

I went to the Reading air port to do mine.  Mine was a little longer than 20 minutes, as a local was in front of me.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 10:36:48 PM »
OK...I went to Media this AM.  In/out is about 25 min, but need to go back...of course.  She said, you still have time left on this permit(1/16)...OK??  I said , "your website said 6 wks to process".  She said...we are a lot faster than that right now.  I said ....Lancaster is one trip.  I hope I get my new permit?????  When am I going to learn................SHUT UP U mouth??????

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith