Author Topic: New and Lots of questions  (Read 11474 times)

OhChit

New and Lots of questions
« on: December 06, 2010, 12:49:42 AM »
 OhChit I'm new here and stumbled on this site, can't believe that I never stumbled on it sooner as much as I have been Googling Delaware gun laws etc But I'm so glade you guys are here. A Special Thanks for the insight to whomever invented this forum.

OK my questions.
 I'm currently only a part time resident and looking for a home in Kent County Md County Line part of the State. I have No DE driver license, Tags, etc yet.

1st. Is there any decent ranges "outside" 25, 50 & 100 yard ranges for rifles, pistols etc in the center State Area. Where can one shoot at in this state. Most of the public ranges seems hetic and at times crowed, so private is also a consideration. Does the local man bother you if you have ample space and setup your own range safe back drop etc?

2nd. How long does someone need to be a resident to be considered for a CCP?

3rd. I'm concerened if I'll be able to find 5 references, do they have to live in the same County? I do not currently have a CCP in any State. Someone suggested that I apply in FL and then try DE?

4th Are CCP easier to obtain in some counties then others, I have been told they were?

I have many other questions but dont want to be a Bore 1st time in.

Thanks again for any advise. Jon
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:52:12 AM by OhChit »

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: New and Lots of questions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 01:22:54 AM »
Welcome. If move in md you can forget your ccp imo. Im not sure what your lookin for in a range. There is ( last time I checked) a range in massey md, it had some loooong range shots set up for hunters getting ready for a western hunt. But they also had a pistol range. If you have an area to shoot legally I dont think you would have a problem with the law as long as it was safe and not bothering a neighbor. Your references do have to be in your county.  Im not sure how long you have to be a resident of De before you apply. I dont think it matters which county you apply to ( as far as speed getting it)but you have to apply in your  home county. Thats about all I can help you with hope it helps some.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 03:24:10 PM »
Hi OhChit, welcome.

Until you are a fulltime resident of DE you are not able to obtain a concealed carry permit.  If you move out of Delaware, your DE permit becomes invalid.  There is no such thing as an "out of state" permit for DE. 

Your references do have to be in the same county you live in and you must apply in the county in which you live. 

There is no time frame for how long you must be a resident prior to applying.  Obtaining your FL permit will not do anything for you getting your DE permit.  The two aren't connected. 

Ask away!! That's what we're here for.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 09:34:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Since you are NOT a DE resident you may carry concealed in DE with a FL permit or a Utah permit however the moment you change your drivers lic to DE you may no longer carry with an out of state permit. Also no matter what county you live in all applications are treated the same.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 09:53:38 PM »
Well, Sig, that opens up a new can of worms though, doesn't it?  (Correct me if I'm wrong...  I dont know why I type that.  I know you will!)

An out of state permit is for those "passing through" not for someone who routinely comes and goes in the state or who stays in the state but hasnt changed their tags.  Of course, during a car stop etc it probably wont be questioned... only if the firearm is used or there's some other problem that requires an investigation (imo).

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 09:19:56 AM »
As long as you are not a DE resident a Utah or FL permit will work.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.