Author Topic: S & W SW40VE  (Read 4234 times)

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
S & W SW40VE
« on: December 07, 2011, 08:40:35 PM »
Anyone have any reviews on the S & W SW40VE?

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: S & W SW40VE
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 04:59:55 PM »
I had one and sold it.  Wonderful gun, just too large for me to carry comfortably - even in the winter bundled up like the Michelin woman! LOL  I had both the .40 and 9mm.

Let me know if you have specific questions.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

FIREFIGHTER7248

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 03:54:07 AM »
Thought about this gun but the 8lb trigger pull turns me off
Sussex County

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »
I have one I keep in a speed vault next to my bed for home defense.  It's a decent gun for the money.  It's a no frills economy gun but it shoots well.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 05:49:52 PM »
I did not like the trigger pull.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 04:48:28 PM »
Moosie was there any size difference between the 40 and the 9? Just curious as some do differ in size while others don't between the 2 rounds.

I got a 9 last year and the following month lucked into 6 additional mags for $45 total off GB.com. Hated the trigger like most do however replacing the spring and with some buffing and sanding it now has a 4.7lb trigger that is nice and smooth.

It's not a choice for a CC weapon as I don't believe internal modifications to a CC weapon is a wise choice, legally, however the cheap cost of the lighter spring and 20-30 minutes spent buffing does make for a nice range gun.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 06:00:44 PM »
No size difference. I used the same holster for both.

One thing I had an issue with as did 3 friends is the front site is plastic and it comes off!!  SW gladly replaced it and returned the gun very quickly.
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 07:31:53 PM »
Ok thanks. I've shot the 9 quite a bit and its proven to be very reliable. No site issues with mine yet though thanks for the heads up.

Btw.. Add Symphony Nova Scotia Beethoven's Ninth to my trip highlights.  ;D Back in Delaware now though... For a few months anyways lol.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 08:12:21 PM »
Lol, is this the part where were supposed to feel sorry for you?!  Hehehe.  Hope you make it out Wednesday night.

Moosie