Author Topic: They Want to Track Us  (Read 3573 times)

SeanM

• FSFFA
They Want to Track Us
« on: March 17, 2013, 05:53:53 PM »
Remember, HB35 has nothing to do with public safety.  It has everything to do with tracking us and our firearms.

http://fsffa.org/they-want-to-track-us/

Sean
Rights, like muscles, need to be exercised regularly, however painful, lest they become useless.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Re: They Want to Track Us
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 09:16:55 PM »
HB 35 is a hopeless attempt as gun control and should never leave committee much less become law. We all need to show support on Wednesday if we can.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 07:26:24 AM »
Someone take their neighbor in my place please! I really wanted to go but have to be at the airport.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »

HB 35 has been amended to exclude DECCW holders from having to go thru background checks again.

http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis147.nsf/vwLegislation/HA+1+to+HB+35/$file/legis.html?open
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

SeanM

• FSFFA
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 02:23:04 AM »
Interesting.

So in essence, the CCDW becomes a Permit to Acquire as well, in a way.  We had the PTA in Iowa.  If you wanted one (as opposed to a Permit to Carry), you could apply for one at the local Sheriff's office and walk out the same day (usually) with your PTA.  A lot of people who purchased a lot of firearms, like at auctions for example, like the PTA.  Most thought it was still an infringement on our rights, as you really shouldn't have to ask permission to acquire something that you have the right to keep and bear.  Missouri also had a PTA for a long time, but they canned it a few years ago.

I'd love to hear how others feel about it out here.

Sean
Rights, like muscles, need to be exercised regularly, however painful, lest they become useless.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 02:48:44 AM »
I like the fact they make it easier and less of a pain in the a** for ccw holders, but, the bill does nothing to fix the issue they are trying fix!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

SunGun

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 12:42:23 AM »
I like the fact they make it easier and less of a pain in the a** for ccw holders, but, the bill does nothing to fix the issue they are trying fix!

That's because the part(s)that need fixing have zero to do with firearms,ammunition and related items and everything to do with mental health...the component every politician on both sides of the aisle liked to flap their jaws about when the knucklehead in CT went off but of which you read or hear nothing about now. Imagine that?