Author Topic: Delaware "Assault Weapon" Ban introduced: SB-37  (Read 16306 times)

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Re: Delaware "Assault Weapon" Ban introduced: SB-37
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 08:26:27 PM »
Rep. Jeff Spiegelman said the following amendment was passed on SB35-
"-Provided a provision that specifically says that the background checks and the paper work needed for the checks are not to be used for any form of gun registration, gun owner database, or subject to the Freedom of Information Act"

Looks like SB37 is trying to remove this from SB 35 that passed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 09:50:33 PM »
Based on what I read into the proposed law, yes WITH registration.  But IANAL.

There was argument on the first go around ban years ago, that it has to be  a complete rifle to be a rifle, even tho, the frame is  the registered part.  Because when you put it together, you are manufaturing at that point.

So, put it all together, take a time stamp photo. 
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

dataz722

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »
Ok thanks.  I wasn't aware of that.

How would they even know though.  I would imagine that when the times comes that they have to be registered that we wouldn't actually have to take the firearms down to the police station.  Who knows though, I could be completely wrong about that.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 01:27:33 AM »
Looks like SB37 is trying to remove this from SB 35 that passed.
SB 35 does not exist in this GA.  HB35 in this GA eliminates the F2F
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Re: Delaware "Assault Weapon" Ban introduced: SB-37 -UPDATE
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 09:43:04 PM »
Here is the latest update to SB 37.

"Sen. Robert Marshall, the sponsor of the assault weapons bill, said the legislation was an early draft that was mistakenly filed in the Senate. A different piece of legislation, minus the registration component, will be filed in place of Marshall’s current bill when the General Assembly returns to session April 16."

"Marshall, a Wilmington Democrat, said an "error by staff" resulted in the wrong draft being filed. He said there was miscommunication between Attorney General Beau Biden's office and his office in the Senate. Biden and his staff were leading the effort on on the assault weapons ban. "I thought I had the Attorney General's draft," Marshall said."

-I don't believe this for a minute. Political cover-up.

If you want to read the complete article, link is below.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20130403/NEWS02/130403015?fb_comment_id=fbc_531968196855281_16422350_531978806854220
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 11:06:31 PM »
as in ....ooopppsss, this is the bill we want, not the one we want you to see????
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

SteveMiller

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 12:10:31 AM »
Right it was a mistake, but when Shannon Alford challenged that registration always leads to confiscation Marshall defended what was in the "wrong" bill!

Keep fighting it.
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 01:56:45 AM »
Shannon's the best friend we have right now.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 02:00:34 AM »
We need to make it very clear to AG Biden that his political career is over. Delaware is not the place for radical thinking.

Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 12:08:32 PM »
We need to make it very clear to AG Biden that his political career is over. Delaware is not the place for radical thinking.

Really?!?  I did not vote for him, nor will I ever.  But, the CLUELESS people will see a name they've seen before and just put a vote in that column.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Schmenge

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 01:24:58 PM »
This is them testing the water. Now they come back with a slightly less horrible bill and ask how can we possibly oppose this new bill? It's so much better that the one that was mistakenly submitted. Those gun people are so unreasonable.

Right out of the Saul Alinsky playbook.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 03:08:39 PM »
Schmenge,
I absolutely agree with you. The "Play Book" of the Liberal/Progressive Left is Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. The sooner people realize this, the sooner they will see what is going on in America. Both Obama and Hillary Clinton are great fans of Alinsky and his rules. They have admitted it, and still the sheep are following the "wolves".

If anyone wants to see their "Play Book" click here:

http://www.bestofbeck.com/wp/activism/saul-alinskys-12-rules-for-radicals

Read these 12 rules and get to know them and you will see, everything thay are doing is tied to these 12 Rules. Rule 11 covers the submitting one bill then pulling it back in lieu of another that is less threatening, yet gets them what they wanted all along.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 03:29:04 PM »
Keep the cards and letters coming!

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2013, 07:44:44 PM »
If President Obama wants to take our guns, isn't he taking away our means to protect our right to freedom? Wasn't the 2nd Amendment given to us to protect our 1st Amendment rights? It's not by chance that those are the first two amendments. They were the two most important gifts our Founders gave the American people.

"I think it is terrible for someone to use a national tragedy for political gain, don't you? So, when I heard Mr. Obama issued 23 gun control orders in the wake of the Newtown tragedy, I was upset. I was taught executive means to execute laws -- not make them. When did that change? Didn't the president swear an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution? Doesn't the 2nd Amendment state: "the right for people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Tell me how 23 orders on gun control is not an infringement. Can someone please tell me that? Has King George returned?

So I ask myself, what gun would our Founders want their citizen militia to have today to protect us from a government greedy for power. I think Thomas Jefferson would recommend a semi-automatic rifle with 50-round clips, and pistols that hold 20. But, I'm sure George Washington would demand these arms.

Maybe the question we should be asking is what caused the morality of the United States to decay? Are parents no longer teaching their kids "thou shalt not kill?"

I want to live in an America with laws that protect the best people on Earth, not the worst, don't you? Wouldn't that be more free? Wouldn't that be more American? Isn't freedom what America is all about? The right to bear arms is our best guarantee to live free. "

Most of you have read this before in one form or another, but it bears worth repeating and sending a copy to your elected officials!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 09:17:33 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22035335

So,  the shrink in the Movie thearter shooting Warned police?    So , this in my eyes, shifts some blame away from the evil black rifle? 
   So the left was using this as a paw piece on there side for banning the ar,  but if police infact dropped the ball, and this could have been prevented, just like the CT shooter, who had a altercation a week earlier,
  what is your thought peasants , on how to write this into your letters? 
We must send pony express to our king. 

bahahahhha.  I said king.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.