Author Topic: Can Anyone else smell the BS? (Assault Weapons Ban WITH REGISTRATION)  (Read 2544 times)

woofguy

Just read this on DelawareOnline.com

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20130404/news02/304040044/misfired-gun-bill-reveals-fissures

They said the registration part was never suppose to make in there, The fact they even had a "Draft" with this wording makes me ill at the thought.
It just goes to prove our "Lawmakers" will tell us one thing, and then try to sneek something like this by us.

Opinions?

DeWriter

Re: Can Anyone else smell the BS? (Assault Weapons Ban WITH REGISTRATION)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 06:14:11 PM »
Just read this on DelawareOnline.com

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20130404/news02/304040044/misfired-gun-bill-reveals-fissures

They said the registration part was never suppose to make in there, The fact they even had a "Draft" with this wording makes me ill at the thought.
It just goes to prove our "Lawmakers" will tell us one thing, and then try to sneak something like this by us.

Opinions?

What surprises me ... is that this surprises you. These are politicians. Their only, all encompassing goal in life is the keep being re-elected, so they never, ever have to get a real job and do real work. Yes, they have lied to you in the past. Yes, they are lying to you now. Yes, they will lie to you in the future. If they tell you something, get it in writing ... notarized. Record it with audio and video. And, maybe, down the road when they claim they never said that, you can show it to them, at which point they will say, " I do not recollect the incident in that way. "

Stay sane ... it's not us, it's them.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 06:19:04 PM »
I would have thought the legislators would play these drafts pretty close to the chest.  But then again, it’s not like we’re working with experts on the issue.

In their defense though:  Writing a bill is very complicated and pressures come from all sides to include and exclude text.   Some want to rush and others want gauge public reaction first.  All in all, it’s a miracle that the system rolls along at all.

In this case I believe that divine provenance is allowing us a glimpse behind the curtain here. >:(
Proud resident of Kent County DE

kent

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 06:39:38 PM »
Their thinking is "It's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission".
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY