State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

No Constitutional Right to Carry - 9th Circuit Court

<< < (2/4) > >>

SturmRugerSR9:
No chance of those judges being fired, but hopefully their ruling will be overturned as usual. As I understand it, we here in Delaware are not bound by their ruling as we are not in the 9th circus...I mean circuit . I will be going out as usual conceal carrying like always. Hope this doesn't interfere with current applications here in DECCW land.

robberbaron:
This may end up at the U.S. Supreme Court. One more reason Hillary can not be allowed to win.

Clarence:

--- Quote from: robberbaron on June 10, 2016, 06:24:03 PM ---This may end up at the U.S. Supreme Court. One more reason Hillary can not be allowed to win.

--- End quote ---
Bingo!

Paladin4CA:

--- Quote from: Hawkeye on June 09, 2016, 06:19:57 PM ---
--- Quote ---A divided federal appeals court in California ruled Thursday that there is no constitutional right to carry a concealed handgun, adding to a division among the lower courts on gun rights outside the home.

By a vote of 7-4, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco upheld a California law that requires gun owners to show a good reason before they can get a license to carry a concealed handgun.

"The protection of the Second Amendment — whatever the scope of that protection may be — simply does not extend to the carrying of concealed firearms in public by members of the general public."
--- End quote ---

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/9th-circuit-court-appeals-says-no-right-concealed-gun-carry-n589041

--- End quote ---
You should fix this thread's title/subject line: CA9 said no right to concealed carry, not no right to carry at all.

This ruling by CA9 covers more than just California:

Paladin4CA:
Just an update on Peruta. I'll skip the details.

Our side has until Jan 12th to ask SCOTUS for cert. Trump gets sworn in on the 20th. SCOTUS is still 1 justice short. Even w/a new, pro-RKBA justice, SCOTUS may deny Peruta cert, just like they've done w/all the other Carry cases when Scalia was alive. We need to replace an anti justice w/a pro before they'll grant cert to a Carry case. Ginsberg and Kennedy are, IMO, the most likely to go first. Kennedy was on our side in Heller and MacDonald, but we think he switched against Carry (and probably Roberts too). Fortunately, there are several more Carry cases (OC and CC) working their way up the fed cts around the nation so that when we do have a pro-RKBA majority, we'll have cases ready for them to hear. But unless an anti retires or dies very soon, Peruta will probably be denied cert.

In the mean time, Nat'l Recip should keep the antis on their heels....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version