State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

No Need For "Assault" Weapons Ban

<< < (2/14) > >>

JOET:

--- Quote from: triangle172 on December 19, 2012, 12:00:34 AM ---You can pretty much bank on an assault weapons ban as a federal law again...soon. Oh well perhaps they should be.

--- End quote ---

Did you mean " Oh well perhaps "there" should be????

being new myself, I will let one of the older menbers comment!!!!!!!!!!!

Obleo:
There is not one among us that is not heartbroken about the Sandy Hook School shooting.  I think It’s OK to wish all evil will just go away.  Maybe so-called assault weapons need to go away.

While we dream about the perfect world we must live in the real world.  New laws won’t do a thing.  Bans don’t work.  A fix for Sandy Hook cannot be legislated.

oldgraygeek:
My predictions (as a liberal), based on my experience that Obama can't pass anything bigger than a kidney stone.

On AWB2:
1) DiFi will introduce an AWB, as promised, with several sponsors. In its original form, it will suck. There will not be a corresponding bill introduced in the House.
2) If it's not anonymously filibustered, AWB2 will be heavily watered down before it is passed and sent to the House.
3) Most of the bill will disintegrate in the House's version.
4) It will take months to move it through the House-Senate conference committee.
5) The final version will be filibustered again.

Since not a single provision in DiFi's bill will actually prevent crime, and banning anything in general possession right now will simply move it into the hands of criminals (at huge profits for the former owners), the death or dilution of this bill will not endanger children. Or anyone else.

Meanwhile, look forward to...
--BATFE opening up NICS to private sales, and forcing sales of more than maybe one gun per decade to go through a check with retroactive penalties.
--Lots of sneaky "Patriot" Act stuff, done in the background by executive order and the privately-run Total Information Awareness descendant programs through analysis of Internet sales, credit card records and other consumer tracking. If you're going to buy anything cool, buy it now, and don't be surprised when the government retroactively questions your purchase of 1000 rounds of ammo.
--Various states f***ing up their repressive gun laws even worse. Washington DC, NJ and Illinois will use it as an excuse to fight recent court decisions.

triangle172:
This is a squared away perspective:  http://www.policeone.com/active-shooter/articles/2058168-Lt-Col-Dave-Grossman-to-cops-The-enemy-is-denial/ 

Radnor:
The FIRST AWB did NOT stop the sale of them.
They are just going after those evil looking things...  The AWB of 1994-2004
did NOTHING!!!

We do NOT need any more gun laws, 20,000 is enough.  Need to start looking
at mental health and other issues.  Leave the guns alone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version