State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Wash. D.C. federal District Court shot down D.C.'s total ban on public carry

<< < (2/2)

Clarence:

--- Quote from: Paladin4CA on July 27, 2014, 05:47:21 AM ---For those who aren't up to speed re. the nationwide fight for the RKBA in public for self-defense, I have a thread over on CalGuns.Net where I update the opening post as things progress.

I also keep tabs on other types of RKBA cases there, but the focus is Carry.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=812950

Currently, in brief, in the 9th Circuit, we're awaiting their decision re. allowing CA AG Harris to intervene in Peruta and, if so, whether they'll grant either a rehearing by the original 3-judge panel, or allow a rehearing en banc.

We expect Evan Nappen to ask SCOTUS for cert. by Aug. 28th in the NJ carry case Pantano.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your input here

In that this case had been hanging out there for 5 years, I don't think it is an accident that it came out just as congress may be finally doing something about the DC gun laws

I hope that pressure can be placed on DC to accept this and finally get on the right side of history.

If they choose to fight, I see congress stepping in.

They will go down kicking and screaming but in the end the case of the DC government for No Carry is looking shakier and shakier

That said I would imagine they would try for the most restrictive carry laws that they can get away with. Probably a pseudo "shall issue" like Illinois now has. IMHO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version