Author Topic: Gun Teacher Accidentally Shoots Student  (Read 10676 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Gun Teacher Accidentally Shoots Student
« on: May 08, 2009, 10:09:59 AM »
The title says it all.  I guess there was no farmer's market close by for him to drive into.

PONTIAC, Mich., May 7 (UPI) -- Police said a Michigan concealed weapons teacher accidentally shot a student in the face during a demonstration.

Investigators said the 74-year-old teacher accidentally discharged a bullet from a .38-caliber Smith and Wesson revolver at about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday during a class in Oakland County, WDIV-TV, Detroit, reported Thursday.

The bullet ricocheted off a table and struck a 52-year-old student in the face. The student was taken to Troy Beaumont Hospital to receive treatment for non-life threatening injuries.

The teacher told investigators he thought the gun was loaded with plastic bullets.

Police said the shooting is being treated as accidental and no charges have been filed.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Gun Teacher Accidentally Shoots Student
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 05:15:37 PM »
Hopefully he refunded the guys tuition!  moron. 
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 04:35:52 PM »
" OK students this is how not to treat a loaded weapon"    lol
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 06:05:03 PM »
Isn't rule number one to always treat all guns as if they are LOADED???????? ???
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.