Author Topic: Why does the National Weather Service need ammo?  (Read 6398 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Why does the National Weather Service need ammo?
« on: August 14, 2012, 04:09:26 PM »
Why would the National Weather Service need to purchase large quantities of powerful ammo? That’s the question many are asking after the federal agency followed in the footsteps of the Department of Homeland Security in putting out a solicitation for 46,000 rounds of hollow point bullets.

http://www.infowars.com/national-weather-service-follows-dhs-in-huge-ammo-purchase/

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: Why does the National Weather Service need ammo?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 04:22:30 PM »
I believe that the NWS is not likely to arm-up and do anything.  However, as a federal body they have deep pockets and, upon word from those that keep our best interests in mind, can abate the supply of ammo (and other self defense gear) from the civilian populous.

Back door arms control.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Fishhunter911

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »
Straw purchases to keep suspicion off other divisions of DHS.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 10:58:12 PM »
Straw purchases to keep suspicion off other divisions of DHS.
DHS is buying a half billions rounds of .40 S&W so this little bit is not going to distract anybody.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 11:08:21 PM »
Employee group buy?!?!?

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 12:45:09 PM »
Then again.  I've heard that you shouldn't attribute to malice what can be ascribed to ignorance greed.  If we follow the money we might find that someone is trading in this market.

Yup.  That's a @@@@ good explanation!

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 07:18:50 PM »
Really?  The Social Security Office too?

http://www.infowars.com/social-security-administration-to-purchase-174-thousand-rounds-of-hollow-point-bullets/

What are our reps doing to explain this?

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 11:53:02 PM »
I think this is part of their budget, if you think about 46,000 is not that much for an agency - I usually shoot 3k rounds year. Also, I read these budgets are for 5 years so the ammo has to last 5 years.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 11:56:18 PM »
I guess I missed something. Why does the National Weather Service need ammo at all? I didn't know tornado hunting even required a gun. A camera maybe......
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 01:29:52 AM »
http://www.homelandsecurity.noaa.gov/role.html

I guess I missed something. Why does the National Weather Service need ammo at all? I didn't know tornado hunting even required a gun. A camera maybe......

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 01:41:55 AM »
Is this normal?  Now the Social Security Administration is ordering 174,000 rounds. "are you serious?"?

First it was the Department of Homeland Security, then it was the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and now the Social Security Administration is set to purchase 174,000 rounds of hollow point bullets that will be delivered to 41 locations across the country.

A solicitation posted by the SSA on the FedBizOpps website asks for contractors to supply 174,000 rounds of “.357 Sig 125 grain bonded jacketed hollow point pistol ammunition.”

Have they been doing this all along and we just never paid attention?

Sussex County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 05:27:38 PM »
I believe they are arming for future unrest. Obviously Obama is paying for this out of our Social Security money. Can't blame this on Bush or Romney. It's his bad.
Vote him out in November!
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 02:33:06 AM »
Is this normal?  Now the Social Security Administration is ordering 174,000 rounds. "are you serious?"?

Have they been doing this all along and we just never paid attention?

SSA's Response seems to make sense.
    As we said in a recent post, our office has criminal investigators, or special agents, who are responsible for investigating violations of the laws that govern SSA’s programs. Currently, about 295 special agents and supervisory special agents work in 66 offices across the United States.  These investigators have full law enforcement authority, including executing search warrants and making arrests.

Our investigators are similar to your State or local police officers. They use traditional investigative techniques, and they are armed when on official duty.

Media reports expressed concerns over the type of ammunition ordered. In fact, this type of ammunition is standard issue for many law enforcement agencies. OIG’s special agents use this ammunition during their mandatory quarterly firearms qualifications and other training sessions, to ensure agent and public safety. Additionally, the ammunition our agents use is the same type used at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.

Our special agents need to be armed and trained appropriately. They not only investigate allegations of Social Security fraud, but they also are called to respond to threats against Social Security offices, employees, and customers.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/social-security-administration-so-heres-why-we-need-174000-hollow-point-bullets/

Maybe they have been doing this all along after all.

Sussex County