Author Topic: Candidate Report Card  (Read 3712 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Candidate Report Card
« on: October 11, 2012, 05:34:30 PM »
Something that all firearms owners in the Sate of Delaware should be aware of is that according to the NRA and the GOA there are NO Democrat candidates running in the General Election come November 6th that even have a passing grade from them. The only candidates that have a passing grade for being pro-firearms and 2nd Amendment Rights are Republicans.
So from this I will deduct that voting Democrat is the same as throwing your guns and gun rights in the Delaware Bay, because there are no Democrats that will stand up for you when it comes to Constitutional Right to Bear Arms in Delaware.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: Candidate Report Card
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 09:07:43 PM »
Good to know. My wife and I were just discussing the possibility of split ticket voting.  I’m just going to look funny walking into the polls with a clothes pin on my nose.  But I seem to always place the 2nd A. at the top of my priorities list.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 04:39:26 PM »
Since I am very upset with the current one party system in Delaware and New Castle co., I would never vote Dem.  In fact, I have only voted for one dem(dave Brady-good guy) since slick willy, and he was local and lost his primary.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Bmel17

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 06:02:01 PM »
I would actually trust the NRA "system" much more if they didn't give passing grades to Republicans simply because they are republicans.  Case in point- Romney.  Man has actually voted anti-gun consistently and yet gets a passing grade.  The NRA disgraces itself acting in this manner.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 10:26:40 PM »
Bmel17,
I would recommend you check out the NRA "system" you refer to, and you will see that they grade candidates only on their 2nd Amendment stance, their questionaire, and record. They are not interested in any other political platforms or subjects other than 2nd Amendment Rights. There is also a grading system by The Gun Owners Of Americs (GOA), the second largest firearms advocate group. Grading runs fairly consistant.
For gun owners, Democratic candidates usually run poor grades, as so many are part of the anti-gun lobby. They feel that they know better than you about the right to bare arms and self protection, and want to take that Constitutional Right away from you and  me. That cannot be allowed to happen. It happened to the Jews in Europe many years ago and they were rounded up by the millions and killed, because they had no self-defense. Historical fact.
As I under stand it, there are already things in place by the Obama Administration, if he wins a second term, to move to remove firearms from private citizens. They do not believe in the right to bare arms by private citizens. Only police and military. Sounds like Hitler to me.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 03:02:22 PM »
Bmel constantly posts this type of rhetoric on the Deloc site. I have posted reports from Buckeye firearms and the Massachusetts gun owner's assoc., who have given Romney good marks, on the Deloc site. He seems to ignore them, still making his claims about Romney, inspite on the facts. The Mass. gun owners know Romney better than anyone; give him high praise for supporting gun owner's rights.

Bmel17

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 04:10:59 PM »
Sturm, I should have known better than to reply with a fact to your post.  The NRA babble is bull to me.  I do not see any consistent ratings based on candidate votes.  To compare this to Europe and the jews is s stretch.  As you understand it, please post factual links to prove Obama is setting us up for a holocaust that will kill gun owners.  I would love to see them.

Bmel17

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 04:21:40 PM »
Bmel constantly posts this type of rhetoric on the Deloc site. I have posted reports from Buckeye firearms and the Massachusetts gun owner's assoc., who have given Romney good marks, on the Deloc site. He seems to ignore them, still making his claims about Romney, inspite on the facts. The Mass. gun owners know Romney better than anyone; give him high praise for supporting gun owner's rights.

So all the others on Deloc that believe Romney sold out gun owners in Mass. and the proof that he ACTUALLY voted that way should be ignored Frank?  The Mass gun owners traded in more rights for easement on other rights????? How the f*** do you consider that a good deal Frank?  Erode at it the way you guys think Obama is going to. Only difference is- ROMNEY ACTUALLY DID IT.   You have two "facts" from fringe elements.  Good job! I'll make sure I trust the guys who trust the shitty candidate and believe them.  "If it's on the internet, it must be true"- Julius Ceaser 

PS-  Just because I despise Romney and his voting record does not mean I am an Obama supporter.  I would vote for him over Romney given only the choice of the 2 though, but thank god it's America and I can vote for my principals and go 3rd party.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 12:02:08 AM »
Bmel17 thinks if he keeps spouting the Obama retoric long and loud enough, people will believe it. I'll stick with my guns and Bible and the good ol' NRA. I some how believe most people will agree with that. If you think Obama will not knife you in the back, I've got some swamp land to sell you or I can get you a good price on the Delaware Memorial Bridge.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Bmel17

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 12:47:16 AM »
 Go ahead and vote however you feel sturm, I'm not trying or going to convince you otherwise, nor do I care.  I am simply pointing out a fact that romney HAS actually been worse for gun owners than obama.  If you and Frank want to ignore the facts, go right ahead and keep those blinders on! cling on buddy and good luck