Author Topic: Zimmerman Trial: Tired of media bias? See gun-friendly legal coverage  (Read 59328 times)

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Zimmerman Trial: Tired of media bias? See gun-friendly legal coverage
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2013, 12:45:42 AM »
Andrew,
  Your thread title contains "Tired of media bias", however, your snarky Tweets reveal your bias. I had expected you to adopt Heinlein's Fair Witness paradigm. Please tone it down.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Law of Self Defense

• Law of Self Defense
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2013, 02:36:58 AM »
Andrew,
  Your thread title contains "Tired of media bias", however, your snarky Tweets reveal your bias. I had expected you to adopt Heinlein's Fair Witness paradigm. Please tone it down.

See one Zim-hater, see them all.

I go where the facts take me. Only a dummy doesn't.

Thanks for self-identifying.

--Andrew, @LawSelfDefense
Andrew F. Branca, Attorney at Law (MA)
www.lawofselfdefense.com
This message does NOT constitute legal advice, and does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship/confidentiality.
If you have an immediate need for legal advice, consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2013, 03:34:56 AM »
Andrew,
  I was warned previously that you would get nasty if criticized.  I believe that GZ is innocent; you have incorrectly assumed otherwise. I repeat, if you are desiring to appear credible, adopt the Fair Witness model. Your answer leads me to conclude that you are unfamiliar with Heinlein's concept. Unfollowing LOSD now.
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2013, 07:48:53 AM »
Andrew,
  I was warned previously that you would get nasty if criticized.  I believe that GZ is innocent; you have incorrectly assumed otherwise. I repeat, if you are desiring to appear credible, adopt the Fair Witness model. Your answer leads me to conclude that you are unfamiliar with Heinlein's concept. Unfollowing LOSD now.

Andrew has a lot of nerve calling anyone a dummy.
He's not a genuine participant in this forum, he just uses it to spam his unsolicited opinions... which he copies and pastes into any site that makes the mistake of letting him join.

If he were a good lawyer, he wouldn't have time to watch Fox News all day with his pants around his ankles.

Like most of America already does, we can safely ignore him.

"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2013, 09:37:35 AM »
   In the grand sceme of life.  CB was pointing out   bias without using any personal attacks.  He just asked to tone it a little.   When a reply startts with Dummy, It escallates.      Mods, if someone steps on that line again, hand out a day off pass.   then go for a weekend off, if it happens again.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2013, 09:52:23 AM »
   And the title says gun friendly, so it allready insinuates bias towards guns.

Now, the trial is important.
The end product, is the bad news.

Tweets everywhere, are pointing at A supersized Rodney king party.
Police are going door to door in florida, and other citys.   Some speculate, that this one thing is why Homeland wanted so much ammo.
  people are posting in comments everywhere, I'm rioting if hes innocent.    I was on info wars, and could not believe the bs posted on comments. 

Hopeing I"m wrong on my speculation.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Law of Self Defense

• Law of Self Defense
Zimmerman Trial Day 8: Live Video, Analysis of State's Case & Witnesses
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2013, 12:02:14 PM »
Hey folks,

Today we will again be covering the Zimmerman Trial live, all day, with streaming video. Continuing commentary will be posted in the Twitter feed of selected contributors below the first video feed, and breaking news will be added at the bottom of this post.

During the lunch recess, or immediately thereafter, we will post a mid-day update. We'll then follow up with the usual detailed end-of-day wrap up, including video and embedded Tweets, at the usual time in the evening.

Today court is expected to start at 8:30AM with a hearing, before the jury is brought into the courtroom, on whether to admit into evidence the State’s proffer of Zimmerman’s college records, his application to a Virginia police academy (he used to live in VA), and his application to do a “ride-along” with police officers (an opportunity offered by many departments).  As soon as that hearing is over the trial proper is expected to begin.

You can watch it all her LIVE:

Zimmerman Trial Day 8: Live Video, Analysis of State’s Case & Witnesses

You see our analysis and video of yesterday’s courtroom testimony, including Chris Serino’s equivocation, Mark Osterman’s very favorable testimony, Zimmerman’s appearance on Sean Hannity, the odd medical testimony of imported medical examiner Dr. Rao, and the brief and uninformative testimony of fingerprint expert Kristine Benson, here:

Zimmerman Update Exclusive — Mid-Day 7 — Serino more ambivalent, Osterman supports self-defense

and here:

Zimmerman Trial Day 7 Wrap Up: Prosecution recovers a little, prepared to introduce college records

For all of our prior coverage on day-to-day events in court, as covered here at Legal Insurrection, click here:

ARCHIVE: Zimmerman Trial LIVE coverage all day, every day

For all of our prior coverage on issues specific to the Law of Self Defense as covered at my own blog, click here:

Law of Self Defense Blog: Zimmerman Trial

(NOTE: As much as I appreciate everyone visiting the LOSD blog, be sure to return to Legal Insurrection to comment, as nearly all my time is spent there for the duration of the trial. Handy links are provided everywhere that might be useful.)

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense (or @LawSelfDefense2 when I am in Twitmo--follow both!)
Facebook: Law of Self Defense
www.lawofselfdefense.com
This message does NOT constitute legal advice, and does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship/confidentiality.
If you have an immediate need for legal advice, consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction.

Law of Self Defense

• Law of Self Defense
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2013, 12:03:54 PM »
Andrew has a lot of nerve calling anyone a dummy.

I didn't call ANYONE a dummy.  I said only a dummy would refuse to follow where the facts lead them. 

Unless someone is holding up their hand saying they refuse to follow where the facts lead them, I wasn't referring to them.

If they ARE holding up their hand and saying that . . . it speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense (or @LawSelfDefense2 when I am in Twitmo--follow both!)
Facebook: Law of Self Defense
www.lawofselfdefense.com

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2013, 12:04:52 PM »
Personally I do not mind a little bias in favor of GZ. With NBC, CBS, NY Times... well you get the idea, all stacked in favor of TM, I prefer to get updates from a site that does not further promote the Sharpton ideology and NBPP zealotry of get Zimmerman at all costs.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2013, 12:06:14 PM »
Thank you Twisted.

Since I joined the forum I felt a camaraderie and acceptance that is rare any ware.  I am, in fact, part of this membership of constitutional enthusiasts and firearm appreciators that gather here to exchange thoughts.

When an “out-of-stater” comes here to hawk products and demean our members it detracts from the values I’ve seen demonstrated on this forum.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Law of Self Defense

• Law of Self Defense
« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2013, 12:30:06 PM »
If a moderator or other person of authority here asks me to leave, there will be no complaint from me.

Very sensitive sensibilities, some of you.   :D

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense (and @LawSelfDefense2 for when I'm in Twitmo--follow both!)
Facebook:  Law of Self Defense
www.lawofselfdefense.com

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2013, 12:59:36 PM »
Andrew,

See one Zim-hater, see them all.

I go where the facts take me. Only a dummy doesn't.

Thanks for self-identifying.

--Andrew, @LawSelfDefense

I have been watching the live stream on Legal Insurrection for several days now but have been put off by Andrew's snide comments in his tweets which detract from his highly informative narrative.  However, receiving what I infer to be an ad hominem reaponse for that "tone down" request, along with an incorrect conclusion that I a "Zim-hater" leads me to conclude that Andrew lets his emotion cloud his conclusions and that he needs to develop a thicker skin.  Thanks for the support, guys.

FYI: Here's a synopsis of a Fair Witness excerpted from http://www.freerepublic.com/~fairwitness/

"Fair Witness" is a profession invented by Robert Heinlein in his novel 'Stranger in a Strange Land'. Heinlein does not spend much time actually defining what a Fair Witness is, letting the description come out in the narrative in several places. A concise description, from a book review of 'Stranger' on Amazon.com, is as follows: "The concept of a Fair Witness is intriguing. This is a profession trained to be absolutely impartial witnesses, with total recall. Their testimony in court is considered solid fact."
Point to a white house and ask a Fair Witness what color it is and he/she will tell you "white on this side". They will not guess that the whole house is the same as the part they can see, but only report what they sense and experience directly.

New Castle County

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2013, 01:03:25 PM »
I think Andrew is profit motivated as he keeps pushing his web site.  He must not have many clients as he sure spends lots of time on the internet. Many forums get these types of people that hype there sites to get more hits which means money. I like most here enjoy the discussions...maybe I should push some of my forums ...what do you think Andrew, because every hit is money in my pocket too. But unlike Andrew my sites are non profit like this one which tends to draw open minded people that pay attention to the world around them. My money goes to the Ronald McDonald Homes in the USA & Canada which doesn't have anything to do with guns, but since I mentioned non profit I wanted to make it clear where every penny goes.

« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2013, 01:38:33 PM »
   And the title says gun friendly, so it allready insinuates bias towards guns.

Now, the trial is important.
The end product, is the bad news.

Tweets everywhere, are pointing at A supersized Rodney king party.
Police are going door to door in florida, and other citys.   Some speculate, that this one thing is why Homeland wanted so much ammo.
  people are posting in comments everywhere, I'm rioting if hes innocent.    I was on info wars, and could not believe the bs posted on comments. 

Hopeing I"m wrong on my speculation.

I hope you are wrong as well, but sadly I think something might go down.

Further it would seem gun owners fighting amongst ourselves when we are the ones who are often being criticized are "fighting against foes who are not real enemies"
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »
I have actually enjoyed this thread.

There are people from out of state on this board and members from out of state on other boards.

Now an out of state agitator example we all should be fuming about are the parents from CT and Mark Kelly coming to Delaware to testify about laws that effect us when they are not from the state. They even were given more time than delaware residents and I think they were basically props.

"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"