State News & Gun News > Over the pond

Handing out guns in Ukraine

(1/6) > >>

sprue:
Ukraine is handing out AK47s to anyone who's willing to fight and forbidding men aged 18-60 from leaving the country. Germany is also reportedly relaxing its gun control laws in light of events.

This is what the 2nd amendment is for. People are warming up to the idea that armed citizens are necessary.

DelawareGold:
Aren't they afraid it will promote gun violence?

/sarcasm  8)

Just Bill:
I think they are hoping it will do just that, against the nasty ruusians.

slsharp:
It will be interesting to hear the gun control crowd's take on that- it will probably be something like this: "you still have no reason to own guns until I say you do."
-Simon

sprue:

--- Quote from: slsharp on February 28, 2022, 11:22:05 AM ---It will be interesting to hear the gun control crowd's take on that- it will probably be something like this: "you still have no reason to own guns until I say you do."
-Simon

--- End quote ---

Interestingly, I was listening to a Katy Halper podcast last night and she had on an anti war journalist to talk about Ukraine and he said that civilians shouldn't have weapons because they don't have any military experience and they'll just end up getting slaughtered like (and then he referenced some event I can't remember where they gave guns to kids)

It's just a really weird perspective that only privileged people who've never had to fight for anything have. They have no problem making their safety someone else's responsibility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version