State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Not Time For Compromise?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Clarence:
I think those who are quitting are wrong.  We need a strong NRA. 

I personally think these bump stocks are ridiculous waste ammo and even dangerous. Question is how far do
We go?  I think giving them anything will just wet their appetites for more.

That is how we got the Brady Bill.

SturmRugerSR9:
I am a gun owner (7) and a member of the NRA also. BUT, I also believe there is NO NEED for anyone to have a fully automatic (machine) gun, or a silencer. If you are sensitive to the noise of gunfire, put on your noise suppressing head phones. something all of us should have to range shoot indoors or out.
Just my opinion........

Packing_Nine:

--- Quote from: SturmRugerSR9 on October 10, 2017, 12:11:13 PM ---...I also believe there is NO NEED for anyone to have a fully automatic (machine) gun, or a silencer.

--- End quote ---

Sure, I'm going to wear my hearing protection. Every time. But what if I'm practicing at the neighbor's farm, and the family who lives across the way dislikes the sound of gunfire? I would want to own a suppressed .22, simply in the interest of preserving the peace for others around me. It's not just about my needs or rights, but of those in my community too.

CorBon:
The NRA has always been divided, and it will always continue to be divided.  Basically, you always have one bunch that says “that stuff over there doesn’t affect me, and I don’t care about it — so they can ban it.”  And then you have the other side, who not only has to convince society that this isn’t a problem, but also the other side of the NRA to deal with.

It really gets a bit old, having so many people still believing that they’re not trying to come for all of our stuff.  Pelosi even said so.

Compromising with the Demmies on this stuff is best stated as: them asking for 100% today, them compromising on taking only 50% tonight, and then having them showing up in the morning to start discussing the other 50%.

muleman88:

--- Quote from: CorBon on October 10, 2017, 08:48:33 PM ---The NRA has always been divided, and it will always continue to be divided.  Basically, you always have one bunch that says “that stuff over there doesn’t affect me, and I don’t care about it — so they can ban it.”  And then you have the other side, who not only has to convince society that this isn’t a problem, but also the other side of the NRA to deal with.

It really gets a bit old, having so many people still believing that they’re not trying to come for all of our stuff.  Pelosi even said so.

Compromising with the Demmies on this stuff is best stated as: them asking for 100% today, them compromising on taking only 50% tonight, and then having them showing up in the morning to start discussing the other 50%.

--- End quote ---
Very true . I’m positive bump stops are only another steppingstone just as the libs already admit . They will NEVER stop taking all they can .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version