State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Boom: Iowa gun permits soar five-fold since 2010

<< < (2/2)

oldgraygeek:

--- Quote from: CorBon on January 25, 2015, 02:06:13 PM ---Quite honestly, I can't see amy benefit that this would bring to us.  And the real truth is that it could seriously backfire on us.  I, for one, have no desire to have some patchwork system of permissible areas, such as in Texas.  We don't need no-gun signs carrying the force of laws, duty to inform provisions, and whatever else that they can tack on.  Also, the same reasons that can currently prevent somene from getting their ticket will probably continue to be good reasons keeping them from getting it. 

I have, long ago, given up on defending anything in this hose-bag state.  However, when you compare our CCW process and costs to most other states, this isn't bad.  It may not be as easy as when there wasn't a training requirement, but it's still not bad. 

--- End quote ---

This.

We're flying (relatively) free because we're under the radar. Let's keep it that way.

del elec:

--- Quote from: del elec on January 25, 2015, 10:49:48 AM ---Peoples Republic of Maryland is "shall issue". You see how good it is there.

--- End quote ---
Actually I'm wrong, Maryland is technically a "may issue" state. In reality it's a " good luck trying to get a permit here " state.

Cbmarine:
There is an old saying in the industry - "If it don't stink, don't stir it".  Even though DE is "may issue", we are at the good end of the continuum which ranges from almost none to almost everyone. A cursory look at the MD Constitution yields only a simple setup for a militia while DE has this:
-------
ยง 20. Right to keep and bear arms.

Section 20. A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.

WE DECLARE THAT EVERYTHING IN THIS ARTICLE IS RESERVED OUT OF THE GENERAL POWERS OF GOVERNMENT HEREINAFTER MENTIONED.
http://delcode.delaware.gov/constitution/constitution-02.shtml#P95_7849
-------
Note the sentence in all caps: it is a good thing to quote in your e-mails to your anti-2A reps.

On another note about the number of CCs in DE vs. other states; I prefer quality over quantity.  Some people are worth encouraging to CC while others make one cringe.  An old Navy saying is applicable "one awsh$t wipes out a thousand attaboys" meaning one bad CC incident fuels a load of anti-2A legislation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version