Author Topic: Does your record have to be 100 percent clean to obtain a ccdw permit?  (Read 11086 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Does your record have to be 100 percent clean to obtain a ccdw permit?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 09:46:42 PM »
Norwood did you get a chance to all about your DUI issue?
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

norwood

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 10:20:45 PM »
sig

no i have not called them yet to ask them about it. But i did buy a nice XDM 9mm on saturday, lol

i'm pretty much content with waiting another year or two to get it further behind me. Even if i call and they were to say it wouldnt be a problem i have had issues with people saying one thing over the phone then having it turn out another way when it comes down to it, especially when dealing with people from the state. i don't wanna risk having a rejection on my record
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:23:15 PM by norwood »

Siludni

• Old-school citizen, Navy Vet, NRA Life, DSSA
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 01:40:51 AM »
Another poster mentioned that a denial looked bad, in the event you apply again.
To my knowledge, every CCW application asks the question: Have you ever previously been denied on a CCW (CCDW, CPL, LTCF, etc.) application and
if so, which state? This suggests that the issue weighs heavily, for what it is worth !
       Regards!
"How strange is youth! You are not ashamed to be a fool, but are ashamed to admit having been one, when admitting it will make you a wise man again!"
                                                                                        Daniel Defoe

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
Going to take to the class with a group.  All have clean records except one has a littering charge from 20 years ago.  Is that enough for a denial or should she wait to take the class
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 05:27:12 PM »
I would rather doubt that if that is the ONLY thing on the persons record. that they would turn her down for that.
If you want to be perfectly sure call the Attorney Generals office and ask, they don't bite. Make sure to get the name of who you spoke to.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 08:32:18 PM »
"Alice's Restaurant" just popped into my head. Anyone old enough to remember that Arlo Guthrie song? Anyway, seriously doubt if that would affect an application.

Said, "Kid, I'm going to put you in the cell, I want your wallet and your belt." And I said, "Obie, I can understand you wanting my wallet so I don't have any money to spend in the cell, but what do you want my belt for?" And he said, "Kid, we don't want any hangings." I said, "Obie, did you think I was going to hang myself for littering?"
New Castle County