General > Out of State Concealed Carry Information

Try for md post NYSRPA v bruen?

(1/9) > >>

Oaklandopen:
Looks like the app is electronic.  Never tried until now and it looks like it hasn't been changed.  The last option to check is about the reason for carrying,  and it requires documented proof of threats, etc. I'm guessing that part will be null and void at some point

Spoke to one of their approved course instructors,  apparently they are scurrying trying to figure out what to do either with compliance or work-arounds. I decided to stop the app process. I know Baltimore and probably Annapolis are the ones ruining things for the state,  they have a republican governor that shut down more laws before

He also mentioned the might still not even allow out-of-state permitting,  or maybe not without some reason to have one in md like living in de but having a business in MD. Seems like the recent ruling should shut that down too, seeing how everyone is free to move from state to state

Clarence:
I don’t see anything in the Maryland law that precludes issuance to non residents.

Interesting in that Delaware only issues non resident temporary 30 day permits at the discretion of the AG if the reason is deemed appropriate.  Looks like that would be flat out unconstitutional.  Because the ruling is also based on the Equal Protection clause  I would submit that every state must either issue Non Resident or recognize out of state licenses in the same manner as a drivers license or a marriage license.  This is NOT a second class right.

Oaklandopen:
And I haven't seen anything about out of state(non) issuance either.  The guy told me md doesn't honor any other ccw, which is obvious,  but seemed to also think md just straight up wouldn't allow anyone out of state to get one anyway.  I really wish the reciprocity bill brought up some years ago could go forward again,  but would probably need either supermajority or both houses and pres.

I have family in md and I occasionally spend money in that state so it would be nice to carry.  And who wants a wallet full of ccws?

del elec:

--- Quote from: Oaklandopen on June 29, 2022, 09:46:41 AM ---And I haven't seen anything about out of state(non) issuance either.  The guy told me md doesn't honor any other ccw, which is obvious,  but seemed to also think md just straight up wouldn't allow anyone out of state to get one anyway.  I really wish the reciprocity bill brought up some years ago could go forward again,  but would probably need either supermajority or both houses and pres.
I have family in md and I occasionally spend money in that state so it would be nice to carry.  And who wants a wallet full of ccws?

--- End quote ---
It actually could have happened then. The bill had passed the house, but RINO McConnell wouldn't let it out for a vote in the senate. Trump said that he would sign it if it reached his desk. It was definitely a missed opportunity.

SturmRugerSR9:
I was born and raised in Maryland on the Eastern Shore, and lived there until I went into the Military at 18. Still have many relatives and friends there. I have never heard of, or known anyone that had a CCW permit there unless they were a State Police Officer or a retired LEO. One of my best friends is a retired MD. LEO and has a permit. As far as I know MD. honors no other states permit and does not issue or accept any non-resident permits. Period.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version