CCW Methods & Issues > No Carry Locations

Christiana Mall

(1/3) > >>

GunEnvy:
Before the great crash of '09 I saw something about CCW in christiana mall but I didn't get a chance to really read it. Does anybody remember it?

Sigarms12:
Give me a day and I will put it up. I have to find something.

Sigarms12:
Here is a letter posted on Delaware Open Carry about Christiana Mall and their rules on firearms.
Now after going to the Mall and reading their so called code of conduct, my take is if they see your gun they are going to make you leave however none of their doors say specifically “no concealed carry”. What their Code of Conduct is is a poster in between the sets of doors that basically tells you what they can make you leave for and the very last sentence is no firearms or weapons. I never knew it existed until I found this letter. Also if you enter through the chain stores there’s no code of conduct at these doors. Me personally I will continue to carry concealed until they put something on their doors stating “No Concealed Carry” which is required by law.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your note regarding firearm access at Christiana Mall.
Yes, the official policy is no firearms are permitted in the center. We
have it posted at all of the entrances as part of our basic "code of
conduct".. Our mall is owned and operated by General Growth Properties
and all of their 200+ malls have the same policy. It's designed to
provide our customers a safe, friendly, and comfortable place to shop.
Malls are private property with public access, so we do reserve the
right to enforce policies that we feel are necessary.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Again, thanks for send a
note out for clarification.

Regards,

Steve Chambliss, CSM
Sr. General Manager
Christiana Mall
302-731-9816 x1007
steven.chambliss@ggp.com

GunEnvy:
It's designed to
provide our customers a safe, friendly, and comfortable place to shop.
Is he serious? Its a @@@@ shame that companies allow the political views of their managment to come up with such s__t.  I think I've been to that mall a total of 5 times in the past several years. My wife and I went there a couple months ago and I was so depressed that they got rid of the arcade!

Sigarms12:
OK the arcade has been gone for years. I do prefer the Concord Mall nut since they instituted the Under 18 program I don't mind going at night to walk around with the Wife and kids.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version