CCW Methods & Issues > No Carry Locations

where can I find ..

(1/6) > >>

muleman88:
Delaware rules for where you cant carry? I have been reading ayoob"s book " the gun digest of concealed carry" and it keeps telling me to find out the legal rules for my area. Is this written on the sates website maybe  ???. Since things are subject to change I would like to see it somewhere to follow. Also dosent a sign have to be posted when you cant carry in a place of buisness, such as a store ? I was at a place yesterday that is posted on this site as a no carry area but I looked and their wasnt any signs at the door that I went in. I kept my eyes open but never seen a thing stating I couldnt.

oldgraygeek:
Great questions.
You can find a well-maintained, frequently updated set of the laws of all 50 states here. The Delaware page includes a list of the places where state law says you cannot carry.
However, you are responsible to verify the laws yourself: just because a place isn't listed on a Web site doesn't make it legal. When I have a question, I read the law itself and/or ask my lawyer*.

As for other places, IANAL ("I Am Not A Lawyer") and YMMV ("Your Mileage May Vary"), but I don't think signs at private businesses -- like the crappy little sign at a local movie theater or the "Code of Conduct" at a local shopping mall -- have force of law. My lawyer* agrees: he advises me to leave voluntarily and politely if asked, and assures me that I am unlikely to face criminal prosecution if I ignore fail to notice the signs.

(The "DO NOT ENTER WITH A LOADED GUN" sign at Miller's Guns has, if not force of law, force of arms behind it, so I would suggest you obey that one).

*Speaking of lawyers: who are you going to call? In other words, have you chosen your criminal defense attorney (and does he or she know you have chosen them)?
This is a decision you should make & prepare for today, not at 4AM in the Wawa parking lot.

muleman88:
Thanks old grey! The more and more I look for things the more complicated it seems to get. You have convinced me to look for a lawyer. Now I need to find one that is good at dealing with this stuff lol.   

Moosie:
Not that I would ever disobey any posted laws (including the speed limit LOL), but I've been in and out of Target at the Christiana Mall and there are NO signs if you enter through Target....  I mean, this is just my observation. 

:D 

Moosie

Also, just a thought here... if you're concealing properly, no one should ever know that you're carrying in which case it shouldn't be an issue. 

muleman88:

--- Quote from: Moosie on December 06, 2010, 03:18:32 PM ---Not that I would ever disobey any posted laws (including the speed limit LOL), but I've been in and out of Target at the Christiana Mall and there are NO signs if you enter through Target....  I mean, this is just my observation. 

:D 

Moosie

Also, just a thought here... if you're concealing properly, no one should ever know that you're carrying in which case it shouldn't be an issue. 

--- End quote ---
I agree. Im not a "mall" person but this time of year I tend to stop in . There was a store that had a buzzer when you walk in  :o. I must admit I got a little nervous when I entered and the buzzer went off. I didnt realize what it was for till the next person walked in behind me. lol 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version