Author Topic: Maryland  (Read 7408 times)

Just Bill

• Life Member
Maryland
« on: June 20, 2013, 10:50:08 PM »
Not sure where to post this.  I am heading off to Boy Scout camp shortly to teach them how NOT to shoot the instructors.  I was considering taking my AR for some target practice, but heard of a new or about to be a new law in Maryland regarding AR's from other states.  Anyone?????

JB
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Maryland
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 10:56:03 PM »
Not sure.  Mdshooters.com your best bet.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SteveMiller

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 10:59:09 PM »
it does not become effective until October, but then I don't know what that means to us. 
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 12:23:30 PM »
I looked at mdshooters.com........my God those people are just next door but it sounds like some 'behind the iron curtain' country.  I also alos read the article in the "1st Freedom" about the girl from Maryland.  In spite of her plea and over 4000 turning out to ralley against the new laws, they were passed.  Seems like those politicians are no different than ours.  Thumb their noses at the little people.  Me thinks we are not too far behind.  Markell is taking his marching orders from Obama and Biden.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:42:53 PM by Radnor »
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 01:54:10 PM »
Yeah MOM's (was going to say a real @@@@@) but we'll go with A.H.
Would not surprise me if he threw his hat in the ring for a HIGHER office.

Steve;
"dont know what it means to us"  If we stay on our own playground, nothing.  But if you visit theirs, you better know.
I sure they will not take "I'm from Delaware and did not know your laws".

Once July hits, I want to start looking into their laws to see how it will impact me.  When I go to camp I unload at the border
and secure with a cable lock.  But I also have hicap mags.  May have to start carrying the 1911 (and extra mags).
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 03:28:01 PM »
My brother-in-law is a police chief in one of the small towns just outside of DC.  He said the MD Assembly did not include an exception for law enforcement in their new gun laws and as soon as they go into effect most of the weapons carried by police officers in the state will be illegal.  I do not know if they have fixed this or not.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 04:18:15 PM »
Didn't NYC do the same thing.  Then I think they modified it.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 12:44:18 AM »
I looked at mdshooters.com........my God those people are just next door but it sounds like some 'behind the iron curtain' country.  I also alos read the article in the "1st Freedom" about the girl from Maryland.  In spite of her plea and over 4000 turning out to ralley against the new laws, they were passed.  Seems like those politicians are no different than ours.  Thumb their noses at the little people.  Me thinks we are not too far behind.  Markell is taking his marching orders from Obama and Biden.

Sadly I think this might head to Delaware especially if we have hero worshop like People voting with Markell, because he is Markell similar to how the Healthcare bill got passed becuase people did not want to vote against Obama.

The difference is many voters in other states would kick them out of office. Sadly delaware is getting to be a sick enough society that some of the legislatures that are anti gun could do ANYTHING just about and still be re-elected.

Heck Carper could probably spit on and burn and american flag or copy of the constitution in the senate and I think Delaware has enough voters that would still support him. We have become a very sick society. then again Obama did win the state twice.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

SteveMiller

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 02:31:55 AM »
Silverbullet that would be funny if it weren't true
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 11:11:38 PM »
It was suggested to me by a previous LOE, that I could disassemble the gun(s).  It is not illegal in any of the 50 states to transport gun parts.  Does than mean I have to disassemble the ammo????  We are talking Maryland.
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 07:01:55 AM »
Have you tried calling any of the MD police departments and asking? If you get a hold of someone note their name, time you called, etc.. just to CYA. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Bmel17

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 12:56:55 PM »
Have you tried calling any of the MD police departments and asking? If you get a hold of someone note their name, time you called, etc.. just to CYA. 

Moosie

I would suggest the AG's office since cops make up laws as they go sometimes!

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 01:00:03 PM »

Moosie

I would suggest the AG's office since cops make up laws as they go sometimes!

The AGs office in MD might be as useless as the one in Delaware though
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 06:03:42 PM »
This may be of some help on the question of AR-15's in Maryland.

http://www.wfmd.com/pages/localnews2.html?article=11233400

Hopr this helps.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 07:32:21 PM »
It is the same as New York law, and is an exact copy cat. No new thinking on MD part.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County