JOET

• Life Member
POLL
« on: February 22, 2014, 02:40:37 PM »
New Castle County

robberbaron

Re: POLL
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 04:38:42 PM »
Just voted. The results so far are 87-12 in favor.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 04:58:10 PM »
Voted too.  A no brainier question.  Can't believe 12% of the responders would vote no.  A park is probably the first place you need to have a means to defend yourself. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 09:07:32 PM »
92-7 now.   ;D
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 09:34:36 PM »
Clarence...   SHHHHHHHHHH  you're going to ruin that picture perfect day at the park bubble they all live in if you keep spouting the truth! 

:D

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 12:46:12 AM »
I have a very close friend that was just accosted in Silver Lake park.  He was very upset.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Etrier

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 01:01:45 AM »
Just voted with poll results at 94% yes to 5% no with 2484 voting.  This must be related to the recent vote by Elsmere Town Council to keep the ban on guns in their parks.  Five members of the town council apparently believe that their parks will be safer without guns.  Two voted to repeal the ban.  The U.S. Constitution and Delaware Constitution do not apply to them.  They are protecting the children. 
Kydex Holster Maker

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 03:05:39 AM »
Clarence...   SHHHHHHHHHH  you're going to ruin that picture perfect day at the park bubble they all live in if you keep spouting the truth! 

:D

Moosie

I'm sorry I guess it's true that no one need fear in our bucolic parks.   Just keep our guns out and it will be just perfect...for the children Moosie.  For the children. 

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 05:21:48 AM »
 ;D what the poor idiots fail to understand is that they could pass a law to ban each and every gun within the town of elsmere limits...   but the bad guys dont give a crap about the law...    so they'd only be disarming the innocent.

I get tired of trying to explain this to the gun grabbers I run into from time to time, but I keep on explaining because maybe..  just MAYBE I'll help one complete moron understand it. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 11:40:26 AM »
Agreed Moosie.  This particular issue is so clear that even the most rabid gun hater should see the light:

If you are against LEGAL guns in parks then you must believe that we should ONLY have ILLEGAL guns in parks.  It's that simple. Because unless we have metal detectors and high security fences around our parks, that is what we by definition have.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 12:10:53 PM »
I see that the poll is now closed. I'm pretty sure that the result would be like it is. The goofy part is that there are people that voted saying they think they should be allowed to have guns for self protection in parks, but don't want others to have one. It's the old, "what's good for me, is bad for thee", mind set.

The US Constitution and The State of Delaware Constitution both guarantee our rights to bare arms.

Little mention of where, why, or when, only that it is not to be infringed upon.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 12:49:33 PM »
How about if they just ban criminals from the parks. That would be just as effective.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:53:03 PM by Hawkeye »

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 10:40:44 PM »
If it was enforced, it probably would be more effective Hawkeye.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 10:42:51 PM »
Hawkeye,

That is perfect!!!  :D  

LOL..  I wouldn't be surprised if they posted something like that.  hahahaha.   (if only they were so gullible...  wait a minute.  ???)

Moosie

Kuntryboy816

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 01:30:13 PM »
Is this town ordinance even enforceable if it's illegal?  How do we keep letting these town councils enact illegal law?  Is there anyone on the State level that should be kicking these township jackasses in the rear and saying, "Your law is illegal per the DE State Constitution!  You're fired!"   ;D