Author Topic: NRA Open Carry  (Read 2336 times)

Condition 1

• Life Member
NRA Open Carry
« on: June 04, 2014, 05:18:37 AM »

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Re: NRA Open Carry
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:20:19 AM »
toy guns on their hip would have mad a better point, without pissing in any Wheaties.

Its like anties that tossed the blood onto actors who wore mink.

Little excessive, gets people weirded out.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 09:37:09 PM »
NRA has waffled.  First statement blamed on a staffer's personal opinions. "Downright weird" seems to have been disavowed.
I reckon an AR-15 at low carry would upset some people, me included.  If Texas Open Carry is trying exercise their 2A rights, they've found a very ineffective way to get people to be comfortable with that right.
I fully agree with this part of the NRA statement which may not have been retracted.
"Using guns merely to draw attention to yourself in public not only defies common sense, it shows a lack of consideration and manners. That's not the Texas way. And that's certainly not the NRA way,"

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2014/06/04/nra-rolls-back-open-carry-criticism/?subscriber=1
"Texas has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the U.S., but openly carrying handguns remains illegal. Long guns like rifles can be carried openly but must be done so in a way that does not cause alarm. But gun holders can be charged with disorderly conduct if anyone around them feels threatened."

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:39:16 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 12:12:04 AM »
in  a way to not cause alarm.   

sounds like it is a trap. 
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.