Author Topic: Washinton DC laws  (Read 2869 times)

anjdrifter

Washinton DC laws
« on: December 02, 2013, 05:21:11 PM »
I believe it has been brought up somewhere before but couldn't find.. I have a friend who is an officer and doctor being transferred to Washington DC , he wants to have his pistol and his AR transferred with him but it is tuff to get info  ... Now weather he will be billeted in DC,,Va. or Md. not sure  anyone know of any facts to help him out..  I understand (believe not fact) that there is only one ffl in Dc. .Any help will be helpful.

Sussex county, NRA certified instructor -pistol-rifle- shotgun ,doj approved instructor

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Washinton DC laws
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 05:47:39 PM »
At least 7-8 FFLs in DC as of July of this year. I've never looked it up but the common peasant in DC I didn't think we're allowed to possess a handgun or AR. Might get away with it if he is an active LEO.

Edit.. Forgot the link.. http://www.atf.gov/content/statistics-listing-federal-firearms-licensees

Not sure of his situation but I'd be looking in VA if moving that way.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 07:24:27 PM »
A Washington Times columnist, Emily Miller, has written about the travails of getting a handgun permit in DC in her columns called "Emily Gets Her Gun".  To make the picture bleaker, the new VA AG is for "gun safe laws". Still VA is better than Ruskyland and DC.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 03:10:08 AM »
Forget about the AR if he ends up in MD. Not allowed into the State after October 1st.

The only solution may be to leave it with you in DE.

Very sad when a military officer can be considered a felon simply by owning a gun.

Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 05:21:04 AM »
Actually, he can bring his AR with him provided it was purchased before 1OCT2013. Per MD law, he must register ALL firearms with the state within 90 days of establishing residency. 

He can not transfer them within the state while he lives there.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 09:49:23 PM »
I believe it has been brought up somewhere before but couldn't find.. I have a friend who is an officer and doctor being transferred to Washington DC , he wants to have his pistol and his AR transferred with him but it is tuff to get info  ... Now weather he will be billeted in DC,,Va. or Md. not sure  anyone know of any facts to help him out..  I understand (believe not fact) that there is only one ffl in Dc. .Any help will be helpful.

That does not surprise me. One ffl in dc. Maybe that is because of all the "undocumented" ffl salesmen in the DC area.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"