Author Topic: California teaching misinformation  (Read 2580 times)

topper

California teaching misinformation
« on: January 25, 2017, 02:41:16 PM »
I was at Taco Bell last night with a couple young friends, one of which has had his CCW longer than I have, and the other too young for a CCW, but looking forward to shooting with his father soon. A young man sitting near us, after finishing his meal came over and said he'd just completed 2 years criminal justice school in California, and said that regardless of the state you live in you are required to advise a police officer that that you are carrying. I said Delaware doesn't require it, but that I know some other states do. He repeated that it is required in every state. I restated that some states actually state in their laws that you are required to advise an officer you are carrying but there is nothing in Delaware requiring a CCW carrier to do so, but I could tell he didn't believe me.

Our conversation moved on to other things such as our military backgrounds and traveling.

I wish I'd have quizzed him more on other subjects specifically pertaining to CCW to see what else California is teaching, but I was trying to keep the conversation friendly and light in front of my young friends.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Re: California teaching misinformation
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 02:49:19 PM »
Not surprised. You are right and he is wrong. I hope he reviews his claims and finds out his teachers are not fallible.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

ThePixelated

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 10:06:43 PM »
Whoever is teaching that class that the guy took needs to study up on individual state laws, in general (I don't expect the teacher to actually know every other state law there is, but at least know that each state is different).

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 10:50:32 PM »
You got to consider....he was from California. They only hear what they want to hear. The truth has no meaning to them.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 12:22:17 AM »
You got to consider....he was from California. They only hear what they want to hear. The truth has no meaning to them.

This is expected the the most liberal state in the USA.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:26:06 PM by seniorgeek »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 11:58:37 AM »

This is expected the the most liberal sate in the USA.

Vermont, for the most part, is just as Liberal yet they don't require a license to carry. I guess they are an exception to the rule.