Author Topic: Gun Grab By The U.N.?  (Read 9995 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Gun Grab By The U.N.?
« on: January 02, 2010, 12:48:20 PM »
I sometimes question stories from WorldNetDaily.com because I am well aware of their slant on world events. However, this story looks interesting.  It appears that Obama may be setting up to allow the UN to make a grab for our guns.  If so, this would be another link in his attempt to diminish our sovereignty.
Arms-control bureaucrats at the United Nations and dozens of allied NGOs (that's non-governmental organizations in non-bureaucratic lingo) have been busy for two decades talking and negotiating among themselves to produce an international treaty regulating the sale of small arms. A U.N. resolution adopted in October calls upon member nations to negotiate the matter and finish writing a treaty by 2012. The United States voted for the resolution, which was adopted almost unanimously.

President Bush, for all his mistakes and miscalculations, never allowed his U.N. representatives to participate in such negotiations. But Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reversed course and agreed to join the negotiations.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=120083

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Gun Grab By The U.N.?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 12:54:16 PM »
Found this on the NRA ILA Website, its really got me concerned with the new anti gun administration

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=5224
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Gun Grab By The U.N.?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 02:34:46 PM »
Wow.  Very alarming. 

Thanks for posting Hawkeye and Sig!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident