CCW Methods & Issues > No Carry Locations

Lawsuit against state park ban

<< < (8/8)

SteveMiller:
I guess I am wondering if they have a legal authority now to enforce a rule that they make up that doesn’t apply to the rest of Delaware

563jack:
Well the new emergency regulations are temporary. Wilmington-based attorney Francis Pileggi, who represented the plaintiffs in the lawsuit, said Thursday he had not yet seen the emergency regulations.

“I will review them closely to make an independent determination whether they comply with the Supreme Court’s recent decision,” he said in a phone interview.

Shellenberger said the rewritten rules raise some red flags. He said the agencies' claim that firearms are completely unregulated in parks and forests because of the court's ruling is inaccurate.

"All the existing state and federal laws would be in full force in those areas," he said, noting overarching laws regarding brandishing guns and carrying concealed weapons without a permit, among others.

"All those laws apply in the state parks like they do everywhere else in Delaware," Shellenberger said. "There's no emergency need for the regulations, contrary to the claim."

Shellenberger said the revision allowing Delaware residents with permits to carry concealed deadly weapons excludes people from other states, such as Kentucky, who - if properly licensed – are permitted to carry concealed weapons in Delaware according to a reciprocal law. It also requires them to show their license to "parks authorities."

The emergency regulations are valid for 120 days, and then can be renewed for another 60 days. Both agencies said in a press release they plan to propose new, permanent regulations.

I hope they hold open discussions on this and remain open to public opinion.

Clarence:
Hold open Discussions?. 😂  Dream on!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version