Author Topic: Reason for Application  (Read 9418 times)

Nike

Reason for Application
« on: August 14, 2012, 02:56:40 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am looking to submit my application for concealed carry tomorrow 8/15/12. On the application it asks "reason for application". Do you guys think "for protection of persons and property" would be sufficient enough. Also I had my article posted in the New Castle weekly on 7/25/12 and got fingerprinted on 8/1/12. Am I still in the desired time frame for submission. Lastly where could I go to get my application notarized?

Nike

Kilroy08

Re: Reason for Application
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 06:12:45 PM »
That's the reason the Delaware Code gives for being allowed to have such a permit. That's what just about everybody else, myself included, put on their applications.

Anything extra could give them reason to question why and possibly deny. If you have other reasons or examples (carry lots of cash, small business owner, work extended hours, etc), keep them as your back up in case the Prothonotary wants to ask more in depth as to your reasons.

Wickedrex

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 06:18:12 PM »
Exactly what Kilroy stated.  I as well had this question when went to apply and my instructor stated to just go with the generic as you already put.  Anything more will give them inside info for them to investigate more and atleast restrict your permit or deny it all together.  With a clean record showing you are a mature, upstanding citizen and the delaware code reasoning, it should be just a waiting game.  If in NCC, plan on that being a bit.....
--Jay--

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
Nike, the prothonotary's office can notarize your app when you submit. If you want it done ahead of time, your bank should be able to handle it. I went to my credit union, and it was pro bono...
Good luck.
New Castle County

Nike

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 01:43:35 AM »
Hey guys,

Thanks for your help. I am going to submit my application and let the waiting games begin!

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 02:35:35 PM »
Be aware, that some judges have bounced back apps, because they were generic, saying the applicant should be more specific. The app's instructions say be specific. Although there are scare stories about restrictions etc., this rarely happens, and is at the discretion of the judge who reviews your app. However the reverse is also true.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 03:34:53 PM »
Here's a good reason to apply for a CCDW in Delaware. Delaware has been ranked 8th out of 50 states in America in Violent crime, and has pretty much held that ranking for the last 10 years. Just Google
" most violent states for violent crime" and you'll see quite a few sites that validate this. This ranking is rated on the number of violent crimes per 100,000 population. We are the next to the smallest states, yet, we are right up there with the big boys in states 5-10 times our size. If you don't think this is a "GOOD REASON" , then what is?  I used this as one reason on my app. in Kent County, along with a increase of home invasions, and attacks in parking lots. I also sent in letters from 6 reference instead of the 5 required, and I knew each of these people over 20 years.   My application went through in 8 weeks.
Do the leg work. If it's not worth doing right, forget about it. Don't was time and money.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 03:47:44 PM »
Heard this on the TV the other day. I wouldn't put this on an application as a reason for applying, but it was good.

It said it normally takes 7 to 21 minutes for a response from a call to 911. This only proves that a .357 beats a 911 every time.  Humor R R.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun