Author Topic: automatic weapons in Delaware :(  (Read 7752 times)

error404

automatic weapons in Delaware :(
« on: November 19, 2011, 09:11:07 PM »
http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/crime/concealedweapons.shtml
Delaware law also prohibits the possession of silencers, sawed-off shotguns and machine guns under all circumstances.

I know this is an stretch here... but, but how about about sub-machine guns, or automatic assault rifles? ::) 

I really wanted to have something like a pre-ban Mac10  :-[

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Re: automatic weapons in Delaware :(
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 09:38:40 AM »
How do the say,  ....   Dream on?
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

error404

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:16:37 PM »
At least SBR are okay in DE (with the $200 stamp) right?

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 11:36:14 PM »
Better off just getting the bullpups, save the 200.   

firststatefirearms

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 02:23:30 PM »
You might be able to own a MG if it is for research.  You would have to check with the AG's Office.
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 03:19:37 PM »
I believe the only NFA items allowed in DE are SBR and AOW (such as pen guns) - MGs, Silencers, .... are not allowed.

I have all the necessary docs to apply for my SBR in my drawer, I just cannot convince myself yet the $200 plus the $40+ to engrave the lower receiver will make it worth (for me). It sure is fun - they are loud, spit lots of fire from unburnt powder, and look really cool.

Note that once you have the ATF stamp for an NFA item, you have to notify ATF everyime you want to take it out of the state - i.e. you registered in DE and want to go to a range in PA, you need to file a form with ATF to the address you are transporting the gun (that is good for one year though).

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 04:13:55 AM »
I can kinda sorta almost understand full autos however what annoys me is that suppressors still remain on the ban list for Delaware. A buddy of mine was selling his Ruger .22 with an integrated suppressor last month and said if I wanted it I could have it for the cost of shipping from out west (yeah a long time great friend since we were kids). The whole "what they don't know" bit came up but I still declined as much as it irked me. I'd gladly have paid the 200 tax+ and done the wait to have one legally. I simply can't take that type of chance. Hopefully, someday, someone will try to have it removed.. and get it passed. We're what.. 1 of 4 states now that still have them banned?

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 08:57:22 AM »
  In 1934, the National Firearms Act was approved and passed by congress, and the expensive tax of $200 was set on any legal purchase of the certain items listed in the bill. At that time, $200 was far more expensive than any item that was purchased, making it almost impossible for a citizen with an average income to acquire.

This act of congress (which many gun enthusiasts find aggravating) restricts the following: a shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches; a rifle having a barrel length less than sixteen inches; or any other weapon, other than a pistol or revolver, from which a shot is discharged by an explosive if such weapon is capable of being concealed on the person; or a machinegun. This act also restricts a muffler or silencer for any firearm, whether or not such a firearm is included in the foregoing definition. The NFA branch of the BATFE regulates the registration and restrictions of such items and classifies a silencer, suppressor, muffler, or moderator as a device that decreases the sound signature of a weapon.

In the same article, poaching was a large issue in the great depression, it and the mob issue was why silencers got on the list.