Author Topic: 13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi  (Read 5654 times)

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi
« on: September 08, 2014, 02:24:12 PM »
What do you think of their account of Sep 11-12, 2012 in Benghazi?  I found it illuminating but with a few minor questions.
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-reporting/transcript/fox-news-reporting-13-hours-benghazi

The book is due to be released this week.
Haven't heard much from Trey Gowdy's committee.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:09:49 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: 13 Hours
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 03:15:29 PM »
This could (hopefully) blow the whole cover-up wide open. The big question to me is, "Who is Bob"?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 04:43:39 PM »
This could (hopefully) blow the whole cover-up wide open. The big question to me is, "Who is Bob"?
Who was "Bob" conversing with?  The local militia or the home office? The claim, that the conflict happened too quickly to provide support, evaporates when the question is asked "how did you know how long it would last"?

IRRC, the quote is "when the president ask for the Seals for help they got Bin Laden; when the Seals asked for help, he let them down".
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:43:26 PM by Cbmarine »
New Castle County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 08:37:49 PM »
Reading the book now.

13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened In Benghazi [Kindle Edition]
Mitchell Zuckoff with the Annex Security Team (Author)

Update at 2254
In the book, Bob comes off worse than useless.  He held up the team that finally went to relieve the consulate compound without permission. Later, he was sitting in the hallway, head in hands.  After being relieved his duties, first by the Annex Team Leader and later by the Tripoli security chief, the Daily Beast reports that he received a "prestigious intelligence service medal"!

IMO, the book is credible.  The seven "operators" acted heroically whereas the most of the CIA and both of the Delta Force "D-boys" were primarily spectators. This sounds a little one-sided but in the Fox News special, the three operators were quite believable. Book is well written and easy to read.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:12:49 AM by Cbmarine »
New Castle County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 04:32:24 AM »
Trey Gowdy's committee will hear from three witnesses on Sep 17.  Looks like a hearing on the security practices of embassies.
https://news.yahoo.com/house-benghazi-select-committee-finally-gets-around-holding-190053359.html

The 13 Hours book says that the five surviving CIA operatives "have given sworn congressional testimony behind closed doors about the events described in the book." Doesn't say when or which committee.
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 01:49:57 PM »
America wants to know; Who Is Bob?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 11:26:52 PM »
Fox News Channel will rebroadcast the interview with the three CIA operatives on Saturday at 10 pm.  Watch it and make your own evaluation.  
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 01:52:34 AM by Cbmarine »
New Castle County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
Re: 13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 11:59:09 PM »
Just watched the 13 Hours movie which pretty accurately follows the 13 Hours book except for minor combining of characters and an expansion of the CIA team's participation including them asking Aviano for F-16 support. The movie ends as four of the operators, who didn't fit in the first exfil aircraft, watch as Libyan transport aircraft arrives to take them and the bodies of Ambassador Stephens, Sean Smith, and Seals Wood and Doherty to Tripoli. After the 13 hour ordeal, Jack Silva's character says, "Still no American support!"

Tripoli did send a support team which included Glen Doherty but the major rescue group was a large group of Libyan militia armed with 50-cal Technicals which arrived early morning after the Seals were killed by extremely accurate mortar fire.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:03:46 AM by Cbmarine »
New Castle County

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
Re: 13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 12:28:34 AM »
I read the book last year and it was an awesome book. Last week I went to the Dover Mall and viewed the movie. I do not go to the movies but made and exception with this one. For me the movie followed he book as much as my old fart memory will recall it. Bob the CIA Chief of Station was a real d&$khead  but was not IDed because of procedure. My big problem was why was he USMC go team (stationed in Sigonella,Sciliy sent to Croatia for trng. 2 days before he anni of 9-11. The bottom line is that the folks in Benghazi got sold out by he vey folks they worked for. Obama,Hellery and their ilk are proven liars but die heart libs will standby them.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE