Author Topic: Reference Questionnaire  (Read 6646 times)

Aedimus

Reference Questionnaire
« on: December 14, 2015, 06:50:06 PM »
I know that I can not use any family members as a reference. But I had a few questions I just wasn't sure about. I moved back to Delaware about 3 1/2 years ago so I was wondering if using my neighbors (husband and wife) would cause any issues since I have only known them for 3 1/2 years. Also could I used someone that lives with me but is not a family member as a reference. Or for that matter someone that lives with a family member but is not a member of the family (ie live in friend / boyfriend / girlfriend).

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Re: Reference Questionnaire
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »
Yes, to all of your questions. I used both a husband and wife when I applied.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

FAVisceglia

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 12:49:37 AM »
I'm not an authority on this at all, having just moved to DE, but I was informed that I couldn't use someone that lived with me (i.e. same address), even if they're not related. Perhaps I'm mistaken. Either way, my personal quest for 5 NCC references continues.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 01:51:17 AM »
From the application form:
Have the reference questionnaire completed by five (5) citizens from the County in which you reside.  The citizen cannot be related or reside at the same address.

http://courts.delaware.gov/forms/download.aspx?ID=33278
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 04:54:01 AM »
You cant use your own spouse, family members or "partner" as a reference. You CAN use neighbors and each can fill out a Reference Questionnaire for you.

I went to our neighbors place one evening, had a coffee and they both (husband & wife) filled out our questionnaire forms. I popped over to another neighbors home where a 3rd neighbor was also visiting. The husband and wife as well as the 3rd neighbor filled out the remaining 3 forms. All 5 references done in 2 hours over coffee and chat.

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 08:45:13 AM »
I had 3 co-workers and my brother's ex-inlaws fill out mine. I had known them for at least 15 years but I think a year or 2 would suffice.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member