Author Topic: Virginia Is Back On The List  (Read 4071 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Virginia Is Back On The List
« on: January 27, 2013, 05:37:24 PM »
I must be slipping because I missed this. It looks like Virginia is back on the reciprocity list for Delaware, at least for now.

VIRGINIA
(Virginia reciprocity will be revoked on December 7, 2013)

http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/crime/concealedweapons.shtml

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Thlax

Re: Virginia Is Back On The List
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 07:29:06 PM »
Interesting. Thanks for the update.

I will be living in VA by then anyways and will be getting an in-state VACCW :)

mrjam2jab

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 12:48:54 AM »
I must be slipping because I missed this. It looks like Virginia is back on the reciprocity list for Delaware, at least for now.

VIRGINIA

What was the issue that was eliminating the recip? 

Interesting. Thanks for the update.

I will be living in VA by then anyways and will be getting an in-state VACCW :)

Think I recall reading it's easier to get VA non-res since it's thru the VASP vs local court.  So get it now and just change your address then.
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Thlax

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 01:27:41 AM »
Think I recall reading it's easier to get VA non-res since it's thru the VASP vs local court.  So get it now and just change your address then.

Interesting....if you get a chance mind seeing if you can remember where you saw this/would this work? Are you saying it would be possible to just get a VA out of state then once I am moved and registered in VA, some how convert it to an instate?

mrjam2jab

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 03:32:13 AM »

Interesting....if you get a chance mind seeing if you can remember where you saw this/would this work? Are you saying it would be possible to just get a VA out of state then once I am moved and registered in VA, some how convert it to an instate?

I'll see what I can find.   Maybe "easier" isn't correct term...

It's not "converting"...just changing your address.

The down side is that it is cheaper as a resident. 
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

quickdraw

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 05:19:57 PM »
I must be slipping because I missed this. It looks like Virginia is back on the reciprocity list for Delaware, at least  now.

VIRGINIA

As a Virginia resident I have followed this very closely. Delaware Criminal Code Title 11, chapter 5, 1441, J requires one years notice to discontinue recipricocity, thus the December 2013 date.

quickdraw

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »

I'm not sure if you can just change address and convert it to a resident permit. I would recommend after you move, visit your County Circuit Court clerk's office. They handle resident permits. Very easy process, no photos or fingerprints. You need proof of training and background check. Only a two week wait for permit in my county(Lee). It would probably be quicker if not for waiting for the judge to sign off and updating motor vehicle records to reflect CHP holder.