Author Topic: COONS LETTER  (Read 3341 times)

JOET

• Life Member
COONS LETTER
« on: January 31, 2013, 03:52:48 PM »
Here is Coons letter....What do you think he means when sez "No freedom is absolute" ??? makes me sick

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me on the recent, horrifying tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. I was deeply saddened to learn of the tragic shootings and extend my heartfelt condolences to the victims and their families. I was moved to hear of the heroic teachers and principal at Sandy Hook Elementary who gave their lives protecting their students.  At this difficult time, I also remember the families and victims of other mass shooting tragedies, including Aurora, Colorado, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech) and elsewhere, as well as victims of gun violence in Delaware and beyond. 

I agree that the right to bear firearms, protected by the Second Amendment, is a fundamental freedom. In the wake of yet another unimaginable tragedy, however, we are reminded that no freedom is absolute. Recently, Vice President Biden put forward a specific plan to protect our children and communities by reducing gun violence. I look forward to considering these recommendations when they come before the Senate Judiciary Committee in the coming weeks.

Additionally, I am carefully considering a range of options to address gun violence that include strengthening mental health care, improving gun safety, and exploring ways to improve our system of background checks to ensure that violent criminals and those with mental illness cannot harm their fellow Americans. With all legislation that comes before the Senate, I will be certain to closely weigh the public safety interests of society with the civil liberties and freedoms afforded to all citizens.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I am honored to represent Delaware in the United States Senate and truly value hearing from Delawareans on issues of concern. My website, www.coons.senate.gov, can provide additional details about my work in the Senate, including legislation and state projects. I value your input and hope you will continue to keep me informed of the issues that matter to you.

Sincerely,

Christopher A. Coons

United States Senator

");
New Castle County

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: COONS LETTER
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:39:29 PM »
It seems obvious. If you recall Reid referred to Coons as "my pet" so Coons probably does not have an original thought is his feeble mind.  They see us as subjects, not citizens so the only "freedoms" we have are the ones that do not threaten their sovereignty.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 07:58:07 PM »
COONS, CARPER, CARNEY, what's the difference, they're all  Democrat Left Wingers and they all suck.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:40:16 PM »
Received the same letter today, and that same sentence baffled me.
New Castle County

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:16:49 PM »
Yes, Yes, Lumpspond; that freedom is not absoulte stuns me. I am going to write him and ask him exactly what that means?
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:27:39 PM »
SIC HIM JOET
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

CMF

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 03:22:56 AM »
While you're at it, ask him to define what the term "unalienable rights" means. Coons is as confused as Hagel.
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 08:18:37 PM »
That statement should create no confusion! It is, in fact an admission of what the progressives really want; give us your freedom, your money and let government take care of you, the way it sees fit, because you are not smart enough to take care of yourself.