Author Topic: Reps letter  (Read 2182 times)

JOET

• Life Member
Reps letter
« on: February 01, 2013, 09:31:52 PM »
Jan.18, 2013

Dear neighbors,

I am writing in acknowledgement of your postcards regarding your concerns about the current
proposed gun legislation in Delaware; I appreciate the time you took to address your concerns
with me. Your voices have been heard on this issue, and I will consider your input when the
current proposed gun bills come before the Delaware General Assembly.

As you can imagine, my fellow legislators and I are receiving numerous emails, letters, phone calls and postcards both in support and in opposition of the State’s proposed gun legislative initiatives.  I, too, believe there are things we need to do to protect our children’s safety and curb violence.  Because we legislators have not been presented any legislation at this point, I cannot fairly comment on this issue without seeing the proposed bills.  Once the bills are drafted and circulated, I will take into account the correspondence to me regarding this issue and determine whether or not people in the 9th District want me to support gun legislation; I plan to vote however the people whom I represent ask me to.It is my goal as a representative to provide the best service possible to the constituents of the 9th District. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future   if you have any additional concerns.

Respectfully,

Rebecca Walker
State Representative
9th District
New Castle County

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Reps letter
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 12:02:38 AM »
sounds like a cop out to me.  I never met a politician that did not vote their own beliefs.  I know there are some that actually vote with their constituents, but i know of none in DE.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 12:34:19 AM »
When she votes, then will know
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 01:04:25 AM »
I received that from her last week and followed up with a reply back to her. Haven't heard back yet.