Author Topic: pending legislation release date rumor  (Read 17661 times)

eclipse

pending legislation release date rumor
« on: February 17, 2013, 05:58:30 PM »
I heard a rumor the Gov will release the legislation monday.  Press confrence tuesday.  Can anyone varify? 

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: pending legislation release date rumor
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 11:00:41 PM »

House Agenda - as of  02/17/2013 06:59:09 PM

The House of Representatives is currently in recess and will return to session on Tuesday, March 12, 2013. There will be an Out-of-Session Pre-File on Thursday, March 7, 2013.

Senate Agenda - In recess until 2:00 PM 12 March 2013
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:02:46 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 02:25:29 AM »
After reading the News Journal's story about a kid who has been in and out of trouble and barely spend any  time in jail ( where he belonged) finally shot someone I would think the leaders of our state have other issues to deal with like public safety than being concerned with limiting our firearms rights.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 01:46:27 PM »
Problem in this and other states is the legal systems failure to prosecute and plea-barganing, weapons used in a crime, down to nothing.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 07:46:26 PM »
Problem in this and other states is the legal systems failure to prosecute and plea-barganing, weapons used in a crime, down to nothing.

BINGO!  Wish they'd grow a pair and go for broke.  If they fail, then the BG walks.  If they win, BG has a new address for a long time....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 02:44:39 AM »
One thing that does not help is that many of the state politicians talk about being tough on crime yet they seem to find all types of ways to make life easier for criminals. In the last legislative session I think they passed a law that allowed felons to get foodstamps ( they were barred for certain crimes prior) and to have to wait less time in order to vote.

SHould they not focus on making people not want to get involved in crimes instead of making their life easier after they shoot, rape or rob someone?
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 01:20:20 PM »
I've written to every Delaware politician about my views on their proposed laws and how useless our prison system seems to be.  But given the fact this is a democratic state and they seem hell bent on penalizing legal gun owners instead of criminals it seems like a pointless effort.  But I will still continue with my letters eventually they will start sending them back I'm sure.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 01:25:59 PM »
One thing that does not help is that many of the state politicians talk about being tough on crime yet they seem to find all types of ways to make life easier for criminals. In the last legislative session I think they passed a law that allowed felons to get foodstamps ( they were barred for certain crimes prior) and to have to wait less time in order to vote.

SHould they not focus on making people not want to get involved in crimes instead of making their life easier after they shoot, rape or rob someone?

Careful there silverbullet:  Don't start whittling away at my fallback position.  As soon as they start coming for the guns I will be an instant felon.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 01:31:06 PM »

Careful there silverbullet:  Don't start whittling away at my fallback position.  As soon as they start coming for the guns I will be an instant felon.

You won't be the only one!!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

eclipse

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 01:43:12 PM »

To whom it may concern,
The following comes from the 14th Representative District Democratic Committee asking the Legislature and the Governor to draft legislation based on this language.   As a hunter, shooter, collector of firearms, and military historian I have some serious concerns about what is about to happen in our state. 

"14th RD Democratic Committee Resolution
In Support of Legislation to Reduce Gun Violence in Delaware
WHEREAS, 32 people on average are murdered by guns every day in the United States; and
WHEREAS, there have been more than 70 mass shootings since the January 8, 2011 massacre in Tucson, Arizona where US Congresswoman Gabrielle Gifford was critically wounded and nine others were killed, including nine-year Christina-Taylor Green; and
WHEREAS, seven (7) people have been shot to death in Delaware in the first six weeks of 2013; and
WHEREAS, numerous current polls indicate the majority of Americans, including gun owners, support a wide range of policies aimed at reducing gun violence; and
WHEREAS, we will not accept NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre’s belief that “the guys with the guns make the rules” (2009 Conservative Political Action Conference);

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the the 14th RD Democratic Committee charges the 147th General Assembly to pass legislation as proposed by Governor Jack Markell that would
Require background checks for private firearm sales
Require the reporting of lost and stolen firearms
Ban the sale, manufacture, delivery and unlawful possession of large-capacity magazines
Ban the manufacture, sale, delivery and unlawful possession of semi-automatic weapons
 Ban possession of a firearm within 300 feet of a school
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the 14th RD Democratic Committee shall send a copy of this resolution to the 62 members of the 147th Delaware General Assembly, Governor Jack Markell, Attorney General Beau Biden, U.S. Senator Tom Carper, U.S. Senator Chris Coons and U.S. Representative John Carney.
Endorsed by the 14th RD Democratic Committee on February 13, 2013"

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me below

Thank you everyone,

Representative 11th District
Dover: 302-744-4171
Wilmington: 302-577-8723
Cell: 302-399-7728
Fax: 302-739-2773
Constituent: jeff.spiegelman@state.de.us
Personal: jeff@jeffderepresentative.com
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401.  Dover, DE  19903
Personal:  PO Box 869.  Clayton, DE.  19938
www.jeffspiegelman.com
www.jeffderepresentative.com

I just recieved this in an email.  Posted with permission from the representative.   Note the use of semi auto and not assault weapon or rifle.....

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »
And yet, still nothing that would prevent criminals amd mentally ill from attacking people and causing mass death and injuries. Criminals don't obey laws and the mentally ill don't care. All this gun control is just bull-feces and a feel-good ploy to apiese the left-wing liberal voters. It only detracts and infringes on the rights of lawful gun owners. Hopefully if this goes through, there will be a Delaware Supreme Court challenge.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 04:19:03 PM »
Ban the sale, manufacture, delivery and unlawful possession of large-capacity magazines
Ban the manufacture, sale, delivery and unlawful possession of semi-automatic weapons

That is scary. Both of these provisions state "unlawful" possession.  Where does it differentiate between "unlawful" and lawful? 

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 08:44:09 PM »
Not only do we have to feed in many cases the people who grow up to be criminals who will attempt to prey upon us, but now the same people who pass out the public dough want to keep people from being able to protect themselves. In Delaware we are hit double as the Governor is just Obama lite.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 11:24:04 PM »
All we need is a shotgun*, according to the all knowing Joe Biden.

*no pistol grip, folding or adjustable stock, flash hider, magazine extension, black paint, firing pin......
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 11:40:26 PM »
I already have 6 shotguns, but it's hard to conceal them and all the shells it would take. I'll stick with my 9 mm.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative