Author Topic: You will eventually own a Glock  (Read 22865 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: You will eventually own a Glock
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 07:06:16 PM »
Too good not to share.

I’m off my meds for just today. But this might be the funniest video I’ve seen in years.  If you’re like me it will take a minute or two after the video to see what he was going for.

Russian Glock Torture Test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ENZioGLjMI
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Bmel17

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 07:28:57 PM »
he's actually from Iowa lol.  Just does the Russian thing for fun

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 11:55:57 PM »
I see absolutely no reason to buy a foriegn made firearm. Glocks, never gonna happen.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

BobW

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 05:05:48 PM »
I have had a 27 for many years, and it has NEVER failed. Just for a change, I bought a Dan Wesson Guardian in 45 and I love it. It is now my EDC.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:36:12 AM by BobW »

craigwill201

• NRA Business Member
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 09:35:21 PM »
I had sort of a gun show. I sold 25 guns and not ONE glock. Not ONE. XD's, XDM and 1911's flew out the door.
craig
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:40:54 PM by craigwill201 »

jopy2020

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 11:33:18 PM »
I own a Glock 19, but I changed the guide rod to a tungsten guide rod, put a new trigger in it, extended slide stop, extended slide release, meprolight night sites, grip plug, and extended mag release on it. The performance of the firearm has changed very little, but Glocks are very simple to customize, and make your own. I will try any firearm out ,and give it a chance. I own a Sig Sauer 1911, which in my opinion, is hands down one of the best 1911's I have shot, but I will always have a Glock in my gun safe. They are without a doubt one of the most dependable handguns on the market.
NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Rifle)
Sussex County

SeanM

• FSFFA
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2013, 01:41:49 AM »
Been carrying a Glock 23 since 1995.  It's an extension of my right hand.  :-)

Sean
Rights, like muscles, need to be exercised regularly, however painful, lest they become useless.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2013, 01:42:52 AM »
Bury the Glock, keep the Walther. : ) My PPQ, PPS & PPKs are just as reliable.

Walther now has the PPQ with the Americanized button release instead of the German paddle in the US now. Many people weren't interested in the PPQ because of the paddle though I prefer it entirely over the button release. I know 3 Glock users who have sold their Glocks for the new PPQ over the last month.

Interesting chat at the US border last month I had. Stopped in to ask a few firearm questions I had regarding transporting rifles and handguns up there on my trips. We sat at a table and 3/4s of the officers came out to chat and have coffee with me over our conversation. Two of the officers had PPQs on their side and most there's had Glocks however a few said they were considering the change to the PPQ after shooting it a bit.

That said.. I have thought about buying 2 ... just because : )

John

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2013, 04:11:00 AM »
Hey anyone selling their Glock please message me!

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2013, 11:49:27 PM »
I am in as well. There is reason all the striker pistols on this thread copied Glock's firing system, tolerances, and safety schema...well two reasons - 1. It is a great design, 2. They couldn't come up with a better design.

Hey anyone selling their Glock please message me!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:49:46 AM by Condition 1 »

wfd192

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2013, 03:18:03 PM »
Recently purchased a glock 19........absolutely love shooting it as did my wife and 12 year old son........cleaning it was a snap.....I have a Ruger LCR and considered that my carry piece....changed my mind.....although a little chunky the glock has a better bullet to bad guy ratio.....

21fred

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2013, 01:55:08 AM »
Just got permit and don't have a carry gun yet... based on everything I've read so far, I am thinking a Glock 19, but have not actually held one yet..

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2013, 02:37:11 AM »
Just got permit and don't have a carry gun yet... based on everything I've read so far, I am thinking a Glock 19, but have not actually held one yet..

Hands down best gun I've ever shot!  They do have them at Targetmaster to shoot at the range but it would cost you around 40 bucks to shoot it if your not a member.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

21fred

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2013, 11:18:31 AM »
Newlife503

Thanks for the advise...

I am going to go to Shooter's Choice this weekend to see if I can try one out... I live about 3 minutes from there...

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2013, 03:58:01 PM »
Yeah Targetmaster is pretty good. If you know anyone with a platinum membership they can rent the gun for free and usually get a guest in for free. Lst I checked 9mm is like $15 a box plus tax.

ANother good pistol for concealled carry ( from my wife's opinion) is the Beretta px storm 9mm.

I personally carry a 1911 and not many people are getting up for a 45acp round. I have been told a couple rounds of 9mm will "just tick them off"

Good luck with your choice.

If you do go with a targetmaster member you can probably try several guns to see what you like. Springfield xd.

If you want small the lc9 in 9mm is pretty popular. I perosnally think it has a bit of snap when you shoot it. I also know quite a few people like those hammerless .38 special revovlers in 5shot like smith & wesson make.

"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"