Author Topic: You will eventually own a Glock  (Read 22866 times)

21fred

Re: You will eventually own a Glock
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2013, 12:54:48 AM »
Silver Bullet,

Thanks for the info / advise...

Sounds like I need to check out Target master....

Capnball

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2013, 12:57:31 AM »
I don't own one (yet!) My experience with them goes back to their first generation. I'm left handed and left eye dominate. The Gen 1 Glocks tended to toss the empties at my forehead. That gun however, did shoot very well, I just didn't care for getting bonked in the head while shooting it. Now, I'm told that they have solved the issue of throwing the brass straight back, and indeed I borrowed a newer Gen 3 model from a friend in 9mm and not one empty returned back in my face to greet me personally. Yes, I'm considering adding one to the stable.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2013, 01:37:15 AM »
I am about half way through a book called "Glock" by Paul Barrett.  Very interesting read on Gaston Glock and all the turmoil his gun has caused along the way - including family quarrels.  Whether or not you're a fan of the gun, I highly recommend the book.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2013, 02:10:32 PM »
No doubt Glock makes a quality pistol. The main problem with them is the grip angle, many find, that when they point the Glock, without aiming using the sights, the Glock is pointed slightly downward.