CCW Methods & Issues > New CCW Permit Holders

driving through Maryland

<< < (2/8) > >>

SteveMiller:
And don't voluntarily submit to a search

8thFA:
I would have the gun and ammo separate and locked in the trunk.  Last time I brought my gun into md, I had it unloaded and locked in the trunk, and the mags in a locked ammo can in the trunk as well.  But like Radnor said do your own research...

oldgraygeek:

--- Quote from: 8thFA on February 25, 2017, 02:10:17 AM ---I would have the gun and ammo separate and locked in the trunk.  Last time I brought my gun into md, I had it unloaded and locked in the trunk, and the mags in a locked ammo can in the trunk as well.  But like Radnor said do your own research...

--- End quote ---

I agree with this.
When we drove down the Delmarva Peninsula last year heading to New Orleans, we locked the gun up until we got to Virginia.
Driving down that route, you spend about 45 minutes in Maryland... during which time you're a felon, if your gun is not stowed according to their laws.
Even if you obey every traffic law and drive perfectly, some moron can crash into your car and the police will show up
Not worth the risk.

Obleo:
Not too long ago we were stopped by MD troopers. The excuse was "interdiction program".  They asked if we had any contraband such as drugs, weapons or bulk tobacco products. Then ran our plates and told us the vehicle was reported as stolen. After a lecture on how we need to contact DE DMV he let us go.  When we called DMV they said that the MD troopers are always pulling that crap.

An amazingly beautiful state but poison fruit.  Just like Jersey.

Obleo:
Radnor:  I read your attachment letter from MD. There appears to be a miscommunication.  The fact is MD considers a magazine to be part of a firearm.  I would unload magazines if traveling through MD.

Does anyone else find it odd that news about Baltimore is so below the radar?  That's where LE needs to focus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version