CCW Methods & Issues > General CCW Discussion

Delaware Handgun Purchase Question

(1/2) > >>

Clarence:
Christmas to all!

I have a crazy question to all you old farts out there. I had a discussion with someone in Sussex County about hand gun purchases in Delaware and I remember when I was young back in the early 70s having to obtain signatures of two property owners in order to buy a handgun. The dealer used to keep the signatures on an index card for future purposes and I remember Millers in Newcastle and Marv Conley’s gun shop near Prices Corner having my signatures on file.

I believe it was repealed in the 1980s but the gentleman who is older than me said he never remembered such a thing and he had lived  in Delaware all his life. Is there anyone else out there remembers this or am I delusional in my old age?

In any case, again Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!!!

Just Bill:
I bought a new Colt tropper about 1970, no issues then, but the gunshop owner was my parents' neighbor.

del elec:
I remember having to do that in 1978.

SturmRugerSR9:
Couldn't repeal it if it don't exist. This is about the time the 5 signatures required of locals in your county came about, that still is required now to get a CCW.

RLS:
I remember when two landowners were required to sign purchase a handgun from an FFL in Delaware in the late 1970's.

I do not recall when the requirement was dropped.

Rick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version