Author Topic: Some Md Sheriffs step up  (Read 4760 times)

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Re: Some Md Sheriffs step up
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 07:23:24 PM »
Interesting article. Have you followed the Colorado Sheriffs that formed a sheriffs group where 48 of the 52 sheriffs in Colorado banned together and said they will not enforce the new unconstutiuonal Colorado gun laws? Follow Sheriff Terry Maketa and Sheriff Jeff Christopher on Facebook. They are very informed. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 02:12:09 AM »
Hell some of the decent counties in Colorado want to secede and form their own state.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 01:36:03 PM »
It's almost a crime how Delaware took all the rights of a Sheriff away.

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 02:05:05 PM »
Delaware sheriffs always have been just process servers (at least for many years), not LEO's.

demark04

• Delaware APA
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 02:26:56 PM »
A Friend of mine is a Sheriffs Deputy.  She is not even allowed to Carry when she is off duty. 
DE, PA, FL, CCDW
New Castle County

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 02:49:16 PM »
A few years back when “……….” (Won’t mention his name but he wore a cowboy hat) was Kent County Sheriff he pulled me over once because of a tail light that flickered.  He actually flashed his badge.

I saw this guy in court a bunch and knew his history.  I told him I just might report him for impersonating a police officer.  He walked away mad.  All good as long as he walked away.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 07:22:37 PM »
Things sure have changed since "the good old days" some for the better (technology) and some for the worse (personal freedoms).
A step in the right direction is our continued support for quality Law enforcement personnel, such as the Colorado Sheriffs mentioned earlier.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »
Like I said, De. sheriffs are NOT law enforcement officers. The guy in the the cowboy hat is a notorious wanta be. Your deputy friend needs to get her ccw.

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 04:42:02 PM »
Like I said, De. sheriffs are NOT law enforcement officers. The guy in the the cowboy hat is a notorious wanta be. Your deputy friend needs to get her ccw.

They should be though. I think it would be interesting to be on the Sussex county deputies posse. I doubt NCC would have one and don't know enough about the Kent County sheriff.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 06:36:15 PM »
No Silver, they are not set up as a law enforcement agency, they serve subpeonas, and conduct sheriff's sales.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 07:01:20 PM »
And the State Constitution needs to be changed.
New Castle County

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 07:03:59 PM »
And the State Constitution needs to be changed.

I am sure there are more than a few parts that could use some modification

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 03:37:32 PM »
Close donut shops, and we might have slimmer more active police (tongue in cheek). The down state counties can not afford county police forces, as New Castle County can. With only about  1/3 of the state's population, there is not enough revenue. With home invasions and other crimes downstate, more police coverage is needed. The state police force is insufficient, and at times too political. Kent and Sussex counties could have police forces, but people would scream bloody murder about the increase in taxes required to fund such forces. The current county sheriffs departments are neither funded, staffed or trained to do the job.