Author Topic: Race Car  (Read 3330 times)

xring

Race Car
« on: April 20, 2013, 10:46:59 PM »
Hey all, I have a question I would like to get your opinions about. ;D....I have a race car that is only driven at the drag strip. I have named my car Second Amendment. It is on both doors with a sticker on the back window of a M-14 rifle and it say Support your Second Amendment.

Given the fact I have my CCW and carry wherever I go, who thinks that I'm putting red flags up for confrontation?

I don't really want anyone to know I carry as to loose my advantages of surprise nor do I want anyone to target my pit area when I'm not around. My whole idea of naming the racer is to gain support for our Second Amendment.

Thanks all for your comments.

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Race Car
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 11:30:22 PM »
I am with the idea that less advertisement the better.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 01:23:00 PM »
The 2nd amendment is a fundamental guarantee.  It’s not tied to CCDW in any way.  So, open support is not only a good idea but one that needs more exposure not less.

I support your unique public awareness project.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

xring

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 11:13:15 PM »
Well, thanks for the ok. I do think your right, I"m not sure how the racing public is going to respond but I do like to make the statement! Racing is another sport that can drain the wallet, but shooting since all this crap has come about is catching up quick.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:15:40 PM by xring »

Bmel17

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 01:00:42 AM »
The 2nd amendment is a fundamental guarantee.  It’s not tied to CCDW in any way.  So, open support is not only a good idea but one that needs more exposure not less.

I support your unique public awareness project.

Well said!

We need al the open support we can get currently.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 12:57:39 AM »
Well, thanks for the ok. I do think your right, I"m not sure how the racing public is going to respond but I do like to make the statement! Racing is another sport that can drain the wallet, but shooting since all this crap has come about is catching up quick.

I also race and have NRA stickers on the race car and have nothing but good responses except for one very "left" person who made some very derogatory remarks.
My racing in road course and Autocross which I will be doing the weekend.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 09:39:10 PM »
OP, I think you have two different and valid concerns:

1. Promoting NRA and opening up the field for discussions

2. Advertising you have a gun, loosing your element of surprise and exposing your vehicle for break in.

I personally appreciate people with stickers on their cars, although I don't have them on mine I choose to park next to cars with NRA stickers whenever I can. The bad guy would probably go for the car with the sticker and hope for a lucky day and a gun left  in the vehicle.

Seriously, support whatever one wants, as long as one doesn't mind the confrontations and exposure - to each, his her own.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:44:14 PM by Condition 1 »