State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Carry a concealed weapon into a bank?

<< < (2/3) > >>

seniorgeek:
I have always carried when I go into banks. It usually means that I have cash to deposit or I will be taking cash out, so why would I not want my concealed weapon with me?

Clarence:

--- Quote from: oldgraygeek on August 02, 2014, 11:07:28 AM ---I carry into banks... unless they have an "airlock" like the Citizens Bank on Route 4 near the ShopRite.
I figure, if the metal detector goes off, I might end up stuck in there... not a crime, but I wouldn't look forward to explaining myself to the responding LEOs.

--- End quote ---

Don't those "air locks" just activate when the teller initiates during a robbery?

oldgraygeek:

--- Quote from: Clarence on August 02, 2014, 02:32:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: oldgraygeek on August 02, 2014, 11:07:28 AM ---I carry into banks... unless they have an "airlock" like the Citizens Bank on Route 4 near the ShopRite.
I figure, if the metal detector goes off, I might end up stuck in there... not a crime, but I wouldn't look forward to explaining myself to the responding LEOs.

--- End quote ---

Don't those "air locks" just activate when the teller initiates during a robbery?

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure, but they have big TSA-style metal detectors. I didn't want to find out the hard way, so I go to the bank branches inside supermarkets instead.

lynch:
Del-One credit union branches have those "air locks" with metal detectors. You enter and leave at their discretion.

Clarence:
I wonder how much metal it takes to set one off?

I carry a large multi-tool everywhere seems like that would set it off.  

I did see in the Noosy Urinal where a bank robber was caught in one of those things in Newark.  Tried to break out and apparently damaged the enclosure.  Looks like it was a Citizens Bank.  They called it a Man Trap.  In this case the teller had to push a button.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/crime/2014/07/31/bank-workers-trap-robbery-suspect-prevent-escape/13443713/

They added an additional charge of criminal mischief which I thought was a nice touch.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version