State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

The Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show

(1/1)

Hawkeye:
For those of you keeping up with the ESOS controversy, the show has been called off.  I have been watching as sponsor after sponsor along with many vendors have pulled out of the show because of their ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines.  In cancelling the show Reed Exhibitions put out an announcement showing that they still do not get it.   

Reed Exhibitions is a British owned company and apparently they have the same view of Americans as does Pierce Morgan.  If I read their statement correctly it appears they are saying that once the public understands how wrong they are and come around to Reed’s way of thinking they will have the show again. Here is a hint to those guys from over the pond who are used to being dealt with as “subjects.” Guns are part of who we are.  Our country was formed by our citizens using our guns to fight the tyranny of the country that Reed calls home.  Don’t look down your nose at us telling us what you think we should have the right to buy on our own soil.  If it offends you then get out of the business altogether. I would guess your company has been making a boatload of money allowing these exact same kinds of firearms and magazines to be sold at this venue in the past, now you want to act indignant about the fact that Americans buy these kind of items in the first place. 

--- Quote ---“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

“ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions, and we hope that as the national debate clarifies, we will have an opportunity to consider rescheduling the event when the time is right to focus on the themes it celebrates.”
--- End quote ---

http://www.easternsportshow.com/

Lumspond:
Well said Hawkeye.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version