Author Topic: Range report: Glock 41  (Read 2618 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Range report: Glock 41
« on: May 28, 2014, 12:25:53 AM »
It only took a week to get my new Glock 41 (thanks to Chris at Federal Firearms, as always)... and you bet I was standing outside Targetmaster half an hour before they opened Sunday morning to try it out.

It 's a Gen4 pistol, so it comes with four extra backstraps: two with an extended beavertail, and two without, making the grip length medium or long. (For the "SF" size, don't install a backstrap at all). It also came with three 13-round magazines, which conveniently makes the capacity 40 rounds... buy two 20-round boxes of carry ammo, and have none left over!

Great gun. The extra barrel & slide length, along with the adjustable rear sight (windage and elevation) make it a true target pistol. It's lighter than my Glock 20... heck, it's even lighter than my Glock 29, which was my everyday carry until I got the little Glock 42 (again, thanks, Chris). It has a firm but manageable recoil. It fits in many of the same holsters as my other large-frame Glocks.
I only fired 100 rounds, and I didn't do any real distance work, but I was able to punch ragged quarter-sized holes in the target from 10 yards. It only took a few magazines to get the sights adjusted just right.

Not everybody likes Glocks, but I like guns I can count on; that's why I own four Glocks. This particular Glock is going to end up in the center console of my Dodge, with the aforementioned forty rounds of ammo.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
Re: Range report: Glock 41
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 11:23:29 AM »
Thank you sir for stopping over.....And for anyone needing  top notch computer repair/upgrade, contact oldgray...he was able to retrieve important information off of a damaged hard drive and upgraded the other computer....excellent job,Fair pricing, and quick service...machine working great...thank you...